CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Supernova
Nystyle709
FightSleep
JM130ELM
Chris
Tony Marino
10 posters

Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson Empty Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Can you believe its already a year tomorrow they both passed? The world was robbed much too soon of a great actress and one of the best singers of all time.

Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson Farrah_fawcett_011

Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson Michael-jackson-waving
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson Empty Re: Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Post by Chris Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:39 pm

I remember that being such a bizarre week. It started off with the story of Perez Hilton having a physical run-in with Black Eyed Peas front man will.I.am and their manager. Then a few days later Ed McMahon died. Then a few days later it was reported that Farrah had died...then a few hours after that a surreal report surfaced that Michael had died. At first it seemed like a weird rumor, but very quickly it proved to be real.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson Empty Re: Remembering Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 pm

I was having dinner and had the radio on when the news came on that Michael had passed. I already knew about Farrah from a report earlier in the day. I didn't believe it and turned the tv on to a news channel and there it was MJ had indeed passed.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Farrah's death was sad, but not unexpected. Her ongoing battle with cancer had been well documented, but Michael's death literally came out of nowhere. That was a total "what?!" I was online, at some other forum, and read about it. Like I said, at first it seemed like more of a rumor/speculation, but then I turned on the TV and every channel was reporting it. It's been a very quick year.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:04 pm

I had heard about Farrah dying earlier that day. Far as MJ goes, I driving home from work and noticed every station was playing a MJ song. I didn't think too much of it but when I got home and turned on the TV, my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:32 pm

They're probably gonna run a bunch of MJ stuff on TV tomorrow.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Damn, it's been a year already huh? Time flies. I actually heard about MJ first. I remember going to take a nap that day and when I woke up, I had a voice message on my phone. It was my mom who called to tell me that MJ had passed. Then I got a text from my cousin like right after I heard the vm. I actually turned to the local news and they weren't reporting it, then I turned to CNN and there it was. I couldn't fucking believe it. Still can't. Ironically, I didn't even feel anything about his death, despite that I grew up on him and his music. I was just in shock. Then I went to see This Is It and I did cry a little bit. He was brilliant. Truly brilliant. No ifs, ands or buts. Truly a loss. That fucking doctor needs to be castrated.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:57 pm

I watched the special Farah's Story which followed her all through her cancer treatment all the way to almost the end of her life. It was very sad and yes I even shed a few tears. She was an extremely brave woman and to share that experience with the world must have been very hard on her but it was something she wanted to do. Her son is garbage, in prison at the time of his mother's illness and not allowed to attend her funeral. I hope that stays with him for the rest of his life what a disappointment he was for her.

MJ I just could not believe it myself, I remember turning on the news and even going on the computer to read anything I could find on how he passed. That was just senseless, he should not have died. I hope that Dr. responsible gets what is coming to him and hope that he will never be able to do anything like that again to another human being. We miss you Mikey!!!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

The real kick in the head is that the doctor who illegally obtained OR drugs for private home use and didn't bother with the proper monitoring equipment, gets to keep his medical license to keep pulling crap, AND if convicted of anything, the most he's looking at is about 4 years. What a message to send society, that a doctor can make such STUPID mistakes while treating his patient, things that a 5 year old would know better than to do, and he doesn't have to pay for killing a man with his stupidity. And THEN he had the nerve to run and hide like a scared rabbit before the police could even talk to him. If that doesn't say guilt, nothing does because doctors have patients croak all the time, they don't run and hide to avoid answering questions.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Their deaths were tragedies, but I enjoyed the avalanche of stock footage and profiles that aired. I tend to get into stuff like that....I like biographies and E! True Hollywood Story type of profiles....even if I wasn't all that familiar with the person, I'll still watch a chronicle of their lifestory. Hell, MTV even started airing music videos (his) again.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Supernova wrote:The real kick in the head is that the doctor who illegally obtained OR drugs for private home use and didn't bother with the proper monitoring equipment, gets to keep his medical license to keep pulling crap, AND if convicted of anything, the most he's looking at is about 4 years. What a message to send society, that a doctor can make such STUPID mistakes while treating his patient, things that a 5 year old would know better than to do, and he doesn't have to pay for killing a man with his stupidity. And THEN he had the nerve to run and hide like a scared rabbit before the police could even talk to him. If that doesn't say guilt, nothing does because doctors have patients croak all the time, they don't run and hide to avoid answering questions.

There are no words to describe that doctor. He is a shining example of someone who is so soulless that they can be bought and bribed by celebrity. What a buffoon. I hope he gets all that's coming to him.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:47 pm

It is so hard to believe it has been a full year since the loss of MJ. I hope his kids really knock it out of the park in life and do well in all they do.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Today's the day. I haven't been home long and am still watching my DVR recordings but I imagine that later on they'll be some MJ/FF specials on TV that I plan to watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 am