CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Hyacinth Girl
Nystyle709
Shale
CeCe
Tony Marino
Supernova
10 posters

How do you feel about getting older?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How do you feel about getting older? Empty How do you feel about getting older?

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 am

When it starts nearing your birthday do you start getting kind of anxious thinking 'oh my God I'm another year older!' or something?

My birthday's a week from Saturday (22 on the 22nd, we're all having a laugh at that one) and realistically I know 22 isn't going to be much different than 21 because nothing monumental ever changes around here, and 22 is still young but I sure feel old and I feel like my life's just slipping past me. If it were possible to stay one age forever and forever have the body and health of that age, I think I would pick 21, it seems very ideal. But on the other hand turning a year older DOES beat the hell out of the alternative, so... Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How do you feel about getting older? Empty Re: How do you feel about getting older?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:56 am

I don't think much about age, its inevitable so why bother dwelling on it.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

How do you feel about getting older? Empty Re: How do you feel about getting older?

Post by CeCe Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:59 am

It beats the hell outta the alternative.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 am

Supernova wrote: When it starts nearing your birthday do you start getting kind of anxious thinking 'oh my God I'm another year older!' or something?

Not particularly anxious, just reflective, which I like to do on my own. EXCEPT the bots on every site on the Web know my BD and tell everyone. It was bad enuf that all my Russian friends always remembered it. Finally found out why - it is the day after the Russian Revolution.

Supernova wrote:... 22 is still young but I sure feel old and I feel like my life's just slipping past me. If it were possible to stay one age forever and forever have the body and health of that age, I think I would pick 21, ...

Young? I got grandsons that age!

Feel like your life is slipping past you? Wait for another 45 years and see what that feels like.

Go watch that last scene in 2001 A Space Odyssey, when Bowman is walking around that mansion and the scene changes and he has aged exponentially. That is what I am feeling. Years and even decades disappear before you even realize it.

Have a happy B'day. You just missed being a Scorpio by one day?
    d-oh!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:02 pm

No. It is what it is. Time flies.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Doesn't bother me--I'll be 45 in a few months, and as long as I can still fit into a size 4 or 6, with each passing year--it's all good! big grin
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:30 pm

I . . HATE . . IT!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Ain't no thang
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't like getting older at all.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 am

It sucks, but what can you do other than die young?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 am

Yeah, that option strikes me as being a lot less appealing. I may not be as smart as Marilyn Monroe ( laughing ) but I plan to stick around longer than she did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 am