CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Your Youth ~ the Best and Worst

Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Your Youth ~ the Best and Worst Empty Your Youth ~ the Best and Worst

Post by Bluesmama Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 am

What was the best thing about your youth? And the worst?

I was raised on a farm and envied the kids living in town. But I also loved all that rural acreage to play in, and had an immense imagination. Also loved living in a warm, sunny place (loved the heat) and loved the fruits we grew ourselves.

Worst thing was my mother's mental illness, which had a heavy affect on the whole family. And being an ADHD child made it difficult to understand my weird "social skills" and learning disabilities. I always felt very abnormal.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Your Youth ~ the Best and Worst Empty Re: Your Youth ~ the Best and Worst

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 am

My mom was not mentally ill, but she had epilepsy and did not always do well with her meds and her seizures were the worst part of my childhood.

The best part was my friends.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 am

The best thing is that I had fun and little authority. The worst is that my folks were drunks (which is the reason why I had no authority).
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:19 am

Worst was when my mom was married to my dad. (I remember little, but what I do remember, was far worse anything else after)

Best was everything after my ma divorced my dad.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:33 am

Play was the best and I had both worlds, inner city St. Louis and rural Mississippi.

In the city we climbed fences, played in vacant lots, explored open trash pits found all sorts of good stuff for our imagination, had battles with dust filled paper bags, played 'Knights' with trash can shields and broom handle swords, had play weddings with the rice we scooped up from the sidewalk by the big Catholic church on the block, rode sleds down a hill in the convent grounds.

In the South was adjoining family farms where we could play in the woods and pastures, go skinny dipping in the streams and ponds, swing on rattan 'monkey vines,' kiss second cousins in haylofts. Big dinners with tasty fried food - especially church homecomings where everyone brot a covered dish.

The worst? IDK. All I can remember are the good times. Being sick was no fun and getting my butt beat was a negative, but no real bad times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:12 pm