CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Is youth alone explanation enough for someone to be this stupid?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Rant Is youth alone explanation enough for someone to be this stupid?

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 am

Last night I was in an arguing match 3 hours on Youtube, and of all places it was on a page for an episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, you know what, people can say what they want about this family, but this chick makes them all look like the posterchild of sanity.

Okay, so our disagreement got started originally due to the fact that the mom, June, has never been married, and had four girls by different fathers, so she's automatically a slut. I say if one relationship doesn't work out, what, are you supposed to give up? Or after the second guy walks, are you supposed to just confine yourself to being a spinster and living with cats the rest of your days?

And from there, it just snowballed, it went from that, to, you don't raise your kids to be rude and talk to you like hers do to her, to, everybody needs to get a college degree and make something of themselves because a degree automatically means a better life, I disagreed and said why from my own experience, well I just got a stupid degree then (Bachelor in Business) and need to get a Masters. And from there it went to, if you have EVER been arrested for ANYTHING, then even if you do your time, reform and become a contributing member of society, you're not a good person or a role model because sabes que you're a criminal and there are better people than you.

And then, this chick, who is 19 and thinks she has it all figured out, and by the way of COURSE doesn't have her degree yet, why should she need it already even though she's telling everybody else to get one?, goes on to say that bad parents, abusive parents, are a minority, there are NOT as many horrible homes as I think there are, kids are not depressed or suicidal because of their crappy homes or their abusive parents, but because their teen brains can't figure out the world doesn't end if somebody at school doesn't like you. And then to, most kids who binge drunk and get high are happy, and they do it because it's fun, not because they're self destructive and looking for a form of escapism. And it just goes on and on and on, if you're not in the majority, and anybody who has problems clearly isn't, then you should be happy because whatever crappy life you have isn't the norm for everybody else.

And THEN we get to the matter of the thumb, if anybody's watched this show you know the granddaughter was born with an extra thumb on one hand. And this chick is all about 'of COURSE the family is accepting of her, it's their blood, if it's not your child then there's no reason for you to be accepting of a child's deformities' and even when it's pointed out if there is a bone in the thumb doctors usually do NOT amputate it goes 'I would have it removed anyway since it's useless'.

And then of course the topic everybody loves to bring up with this family, that they're obese, but this kid takes it further by saying size 16 is fat, well I hate to burst her bubble which she denies living in, but I am not fat and I AM a size 16. And then it's 'oh men can be overweight because they usually have muscle, but women are just fat and if it's muscle then you can be 160 pounds and still be a size 4'. Seriously, I asked this chick what color the sky was in her world. And all the while, she insists that she is NOT saying anybody needs to be perfect, BUT, every single time she puts down Honey Boo Boo's parents it is BECAUSE they are NOT perfect.

Now, I was 19 once too, and I had a LOT better grip on reality than this woman. Of course I think part of it could be because by that time I was already OUT of college and knew it was a sham, pr because I knew going in to college that it wasn't going to fix anything; she seems to think it's an answer to everything, as I guess a lot of stupid naive young people do, until they get out in the real world and still have to flip burgers to make ends meet and pay off their student loans because they don't automatically get a dream job for having a Masters degree.

And of course, all the while she's not the one being judgmental, oh no, even though she has a problem with anybody who is fat, who doesn't go to college, who has EVER gotten into trouble with the law, who doesn't get married before having kids, no no no, it is ME who is narrow minded and judgmental and who condemns everybody, but I'm worse because I condemn the people who try to be good people and make something of themselves. You know what, I don't care how thin you are, how many degrees you have, how long you've been married, if you can't show some basic human decency, you're NOT better than the fat, blue collar, loud, obnoxious, shacked up people of the world who don't hurt anybody and who live and let live.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Rant Re: Is youth alone explanation enough for someone to be this stupid?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 am

Well...you're not that young. You were the one who kept it up for three hours. Wink

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

&

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the differance”
    ― Mark Twain
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Well...you're not that young. You were the one who kept it up for three hours. Wink

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

&

― Mark Twain

Yeah I know, if it's one response I can let it go in time, but this chick found the time to hit 3 and 4 responses to me in the time it took me to make one to her. In my opinion if I had to guess I'd say she must be one of those 'happy junkies' that she was talking about because I can't figure how any normal person could take so much time and do it all so fast to just say nothing.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 pm

LOL, sometimes I just can't help myself either on IMDb although I don't so much argue with the fools head on. I laugh at them and use intellectual Jujutsu. Sometimes a response of "ROFLMFAO" will enrage them more than a more overtly hostile reply.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Well...you're not that young. You were the one who kept it up for three hours. Wink

― Mark Twain

&

― Mark Twain
    co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:12 pm