CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
ph balanced
Bluesmama
CeCe
wants2laugh
Shale
Nystyle709
Verve
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
RobbieFTW
15 posters

Catholics vs. Baptists

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Catholics vs. Baptists - Page 2 Empty Re: Catholics vs. Baptists

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:22 am

Except we don't pass that one, it's Baptist, FCC, Wesleyan, Methodist, etc. All of them, they don't let out until after noon.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 am

My fathers family is Baptist and my mothers family is Catholic; I always thought the main differences were that Baptists don't follow the Pope, and that unlike Catholics, Baptists don't expect babies to be baptized as infants. They almost expect people to make that decision later in life.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:15 am

Chris wrote:My fathers family is Baptist and my mothers family is Catholic; I always thought the main differences were that Baptists don't follow the Pope, and that unlike Catholics, Baptists don't expect babies to be baptized as infants. They almost expect people to make that decision later in life.

That's probably a common difference. The Pope one is really the only one you can really count on though. Protestant churches of all kinds have different ideas about Baptism. FORGIVENESS MAN It's crazy.

Bryce has given his usual biased unfactual rant of the topic that proves he doesn't know what he's talking about. (You wanna talk about a superiority complex? FORGIVENESS MAN lol) Ah, good time, good times! big grin The Chamber cycle goes on! And I feel a wind coming now, again as usual. Smile

I could use this to talk about the hypocrisy of every single person who puts down the Catholic Church, but I won't. I'm in too good a mood to sour it on another round of Forum Combat 4! big grin
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Bryce has given his usual biased unfactual rant of the topic that proves he doesn't know what he's talking about. (You wanna talk about a superiority complex? FORGIVENESS MAN lol) Ah, good time, good times!
    Right, because FM is completely "unbiased" on this topic and thus his opinion must be taken as factual, while anyone elves should be dismissed! (You wanna talk about arrogance? LOL.)

He's Catholic, but somehow unbiased, while I am "biased" even though I'm neither! Cause that makes so much sense...eye roll

Forgiveness Man wrote:I could use this to talk about the hypocrisy of every single person who puts down the Catholic Church, but I won't. I'm in too good a mood to sour it on another round of Forum Combat 4! big grin
    "..therefore i'll just use this oppertunity to attack Bryce's comment alone, thus STARTING the very Forum Combat that I claim to want to avoid. Then, I shall correlate my usage of the word "hypocrisy" to the definition of irony. big grin

Last edited by captainbryce on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 pm

There's a fair amount of differences between Catholics and Baptists. Some are differences you see between Catholicism and Protestantism in general, but others are more specific to the Baptists. As mentioned the independence of the individual congregation and adult Baptism are two things that really separate Baptists from Catholics and also Baptists from some other Protestants. In my experience Baptists also emphasize "end-times" and Hell more than most other kinds of Protestants. Baptists also believe in a rapture, which the Catholic church has declared to be a heresy.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:47 pm

The congregation at a catholic church sits and listen to the calm and peaceful priest. Baptists get crunk with it, with the reverend instigating the whole thing. Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Impact wrote:There's a fair amount of differences between Catholics and Baptists. Some are differences you see between Catholicism and Protestantism in general, but others are more specific to the Baptists. As mentioned the independence of the individual congregation and adult Baptism are two things that really separate Baptists from Catholics and also Baptists from some other Protestants. In my experience Baptists also emphasize "end-times" and Hell more than most other kinds of Protestants. Baptists also believe in a rapture, which the Catholic church has declared to be a heresy.

smug In that case, hallelujah I'm a Baptist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:23 am