CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Cheaps
7 posters

Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds Empty Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds

Post by Cheaps Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:12 am

Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds 1162289-amy-winehouse-112009-617-409

Amy Winehouse died as the unintended consequence of drinking too much alcohol, a British coroner ruled Wednesday.

Coroner Suzanne Greenaway gave a verdict of "death by misadventure," saying the singer died of accidental alcohol poisoning. "The unintended consequence of such potentially fatal levels (of alcohol) was her sudden and unexpected death," Greenaway said.

The singer, who had fought drug and alcohol problems for years, was found dead in bed at her London home on July 23 at age 27. An initial autopsy proved inconclusive, although it found no traces of illegal drugs in her system.

Pathologist Suhail Baithun told the inquest into the singer's death that Winehouse had consumed a "very large quantity of alcohol" - the level in her blood put her more than five times over the legal drunk-driving limit.

Police Detective Inspector Les Newman, who was called after a security guard found Winehouse, said empty vodka bottles were scattered around her bedroom.

Winehouse's doctor, Dr. Christina Romete, said the singer had resumed drinking in the days before her death after a period of abstinence.

Romete, who saw Winehouse the night before she died, said the singer was "tipsy but calm." She said Winehouse had not spoken of suicide, and talked about her upcoming birthday.

Romete said Winehouse had been prescribed drugs including the sedative Librium to help her cope with the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, but the coroner said these had played no role in her death.

Winehouse family spokesman Chris Goodman said it was a relief to the family "to finally find out what happened to Amy."

"The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time," he said.

http://www.billboard.com/news/amy-winehouse-died-from-too-much-alcohol-1005437352.story#/news/amy-winehouse-died-from-too-much-alcohol-1005437352.story
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds Empty Re: Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:36 am

Damn. Alcohol ain't no joke. Should deter me from drinking, but it won't. RIP Amy.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds Empty Re: Amy Winehouse Died From Too Much Alcohol; Corner Finds

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am

She had a good career ahead of her, what a waste. RIP
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Tell me again why marijuana, heroin and cocaine are illegal?

Ppl are so relieved that she did not die as a result of 'illegal' drugs.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 pm

I think we all saw this one coming but WHO was it after the fact that said she died from withdrawal, that NOT having alcohol was what killed her? Want to amend that answer?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 pm

I find it very surprising that it was alcohol. The safe assumption was illegal drugs. In the end it doesn't matter the cause, she's not going to be any less dead. She indulged in all sorts of substances and one of them got the best of her. I imagine her family is happy to have the final answer.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:45 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I find it very surprising that it was alcohol. The safe assumption was illegal drugs. In the end it doesn't matter the cause, she's not going to be any less dead. She indulged in all sorts of substances and one of them got the best of her. I imagine her family is happy to have the final answer.

I can't say I'm surprised; the only thing I ever knew about Amy Winehouse before she died was that she did drink. I remember on one episode of Everybody Hates Chris, the undertaker asks Julius 'you have 2 jobs and you WANT another one?' and Chris said 'that's like asking Amy Winehouse if she'd like another drink'.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:35 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I find it very surprising that it was alcohol. The safe assumption was illegal drugs. ...

Actually, those into such have known for a long time that more ppl die from alcohol overdose (and withdrawal) than do from heroin.

Again, all this stupid emphasis on illegal drugs - while very little is said of the extremely dangerous legal drug, alcohol.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Too much of anything can be deadly, people have died from drinking too much water.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:24 am

Supernova wrote:Too much of anything can be deadly, people have died from drinking too much water.

That's very true.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 pm