CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
Chris
6 posters

Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair

Post by Chris Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053516/Babysitter-30-jailed-sexual-relationship-15-year-old-boy-later-committed-suicide-sight-home.html

Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair

By Louise Boyle
    Last updated at 4:31 AM on 26th October 2011

A mother of two has been jailed for having a sexual relationship with a teenager who went on to kill himself shortly after she ended the affair.

Tristen Hagen, 15, was targeted by 30-year-old Brenda Lynette Harding last year while she looked after him in Canon City, Colorado. Police believe she had cared for the boy since he was 13 and that he also lived with her for a period.

When the victim's father Mike Hagen suspected that an inappropriate relationship was taking place, he ordered Harding to stop seeing his son.

Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair Article-2053516-0E88A36600000578-131_306x423
    Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair Article-2053516-0E888CDC00000578-988_306x423
    Doomed: Brenda Harding (top) targeted 15-year-old Tristen Hagen (bottom) who killed himself when she ended the relationship in Canon City, Colorado

Harding ended the relationship and Tristen was reported missing a day later on April 2 this year, said 7News.

His body was found two days later within sight of Harding's home. An autopsy revealed he had taken an overdose of pills.

Authorities on the scene noted: 'From the vantage point where the body was discovered, Harding's house could be clearly seen in an almost direct line of sight and his body lay in such a manner that it appeared he might have been looking at her house.'

Harding ended the relationship and Tristen was reported missing a day later on April 2 this year, said 7News.

His body was found two days later within sight of Harding's home. An autopsy revealed he had taken an overdose of pills.

Authorities on the scene noted: 'From the vantage point where the body was discovered, Harding's house could be clearly seen in an almost direct line of sight and his body lay in such a manner that it appeared he might have been looking at her house.'

Harding was sentenced to 90 days in jail and ten years to life on probation in Canon City, Colorado.

The mother of two must also register as a sex offender and not have contact with anyone under the age of 18, including her own two children, until a risk assessment can be completed.

Tristen Hagen, from the town of Buena Vista in Colorado, met Harding because she was a friend of his stepmother.

According to authorities, the pair began to have a sexual relationship in June 2010.

The Canon City Daily Record reported from Harding's trial where District Attorney Thom LeDoux spoke about how the teenager could not deal with the adult nature of the relationship.

The boy's father, Mike Hagen, said: 'We found his lifeless body on a hill. She was told by me and other people to leave him alone. We don't want to see this happen to anyone else.'

Mr Hagen also posted on a Facebook memorial page for Tristen: 'Son, we miss your smile, your laugh, your off the wall comments, we miss everything about you. I pray to god justice will be served on 10/24. I love you Tristen. You will live forever thru all of us.'

The page is filled with loving tributes from Tristen's siblings telling of how much they miss their brother and asking that 'justice be served' at Harding's trial.

At the 30-year-old's sentencing on Monday, Judge Julie G. Marshall noted she was not sentencing Harding for the boy's death.

'While my heart goes out to the family in this case, I can't sentence her for his choice to kill himself,' Marshall said. 'I am sentencing her for sexual assault on a child.'

Harding was charged with three felony counts of sexual assault on a child. She pleaded guilty to one count of sexual assault on a child.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

News Re: Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 am

Terrible

That mother is sick.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

News Re: Jailed: Mother, 30, who had sexual relationship with her friend's 15-year-old son who killed himself after she ended affair

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 am

The only thing I can't help but wonder...if it was a 30 year old man having sex with a 15-year-old girl, would people still say 90 days is enough jail time?

Oh, and I hope that psycho bitch thinks about this every day for the rest of her miserable life.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 am

I don't think her 90 days is enough. Though she shouldn't be held responsible for his suicide.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Damn
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Supernova wrote:The only thing I can't help but wonder...if it was a 30 year old man having sex with a 15-year-old girl, would people still say 90 days is enough jail time?

Oh, and I hope that psycho bitch thinks about this every day for the rest of her miserable life.

Never mind public opinion. Would a judge have given that sentence? On second thought, one or two probably would have.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:00 pm