CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
Supernova
6 posters

Police believe 12-year-old girl killed by teen brothers for bike parts

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

News Police believe 12-year-old girl killed by teen brothers for bike parts

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:47 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/23/14635548-brothers-killed-12-year-old-nj-girl-for-bike-parts-authorities-say

So assuming this is true and these two boys killed her, the 17 year old it's easy to say charge him as an adult, but is anybody REALLY going to say the 15 year old shouldn't be because he's just a kid and his brain isn't fully developed so he didn't appreciate his actions, blah blah blah?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: Police believe 12-year-old girl killed by teen brothers for bike parts

Post by Shale Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Supernova wrote: So assuming this is true and these two boys killed her, the 17 year old it's easy to say charge him as an adult, but is anybody REALLY going to say the 15 year old shouldn't be because he's just a kid and his brain isn't fully developed so he didn't appreciate his actions, blah blah blah?

Not me!

I was once 15. My brain was developed enuf to know not to kill someone. 15-year-old sociopath or 21-year-old sociopath. Not much you can do about either one except keep them in a cage like you would any dangerous animal.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Except we don't just cage dangerous animals, when animals are dangerous enough that they attack and kill, then we kill them in return, you see it all the time, ape/bear/lion/badger that attacked so and so to be put down.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Jersey doesn't have the death penalty (which is fine by me)so convict them and put them in gen pop for the rest of what I hope is their miserable lives. I just can't fathom what these parents must be going through. Instead of a birthday party for her this coming Monday they have to get ready to bury her. I give the suspect's mother credit for turning them in. If the recycling container they put her in had made it to the dump this case might never have been cracked and the poor parents might have never known her sad fate.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Yeah, that's fucked up. This girl has the same name as my sister. Stung a bit. Those boys should rot.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Shale wrote:

Not me!

I was once 15. My brain was developed enuf to know not to kill someone. 15-year-old sociopath or 21-year-old sociopath. Not much you can do about either one except keep them in a cage like you would any dangerous animal.

co-signs
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 am

This happened only about 15 min from me.. in my county. There have been candlelight vigils, and people going to the courthouse. it has become a real community event. those boys are lucky their mother turned them in.. this area would have torn them to shreds. there is even a memorial to her in my building at work, and i dont think she is related to anyone there. I would rather have them put to death than housing them for the next 50 yrs.

When I was 13, I had a friend name Kimmie Anderson... she was stabbed 96 times by her brother's best friend. I knew him also... his name was Kenny Housenick. That happened in 1988--- and he still comes up for parole every once in awhile and people around here get in an uproar. why upset everyone? just kill them.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 am

wants2laugh wrote:...he still comes up for parole every once in awhile and people around here get in an uproar. why upset everyone? just kill them.

That is why we need an ironclad sentence of "life in prison without parole." IDK what has happened to common sense in the judicial system, but judges have had to use numerical sentences like "300 years" to guarantee someone stay in the cage for life. I always thot life meant until the asswipe died, but we now have the ludicrous sentences trying to make that simple term stick.

Even charles manson has parole hearings and he's as batshit crazy as he ever was and would get ppl to kill for him again if he got out. So far he's still in a cage, approaching life in prison.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 am

That's about my only concession to the use of the death penalty. It's the only sure way to keep people who are beyond redemption like Richard Allen Davis from ever harming anyone else again. Usually I feel that death is too good for them. Just let them stare at four bare walls for the rest of their miserable lives. That Charles Manson is eligible for parole baffles me too. His original sentence was death but when California abolished the death penalty it was automatically reduced to life. It should have been life without possibility parole.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

in different states "life" has different meanings. In NJ I'm pretty sure "life" means 20 yrs, and in PA it is 30 years. Some states have "natural life" which is as Alan stated, "life without the possibility of parole". In the case in which i spoke, the boy was 14 when he stabbed my friend. But 14 is mature enough to know that you dont stab someone 96 times---and the rage that he must have had to do that is incredible.

With respect to manson--- he's crazy-- that is obvious. But he didnt kill anyone himself. Those other people CHOSE to kill. If he said, "jump off a bridge" would they do it? is he then guilty of assisted suicide? So IMO, his penalty should not be as harsh as theirs. I do think its crazy that the whole CA death penalty is that it was repealed in 1972, then reinstated in 1978. Those who were originally sentenced to death, should have had their sentences reinstated as well... but did not. Now they waste money on parole hearings every few years for people we all know can never be released.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:43 pm

wants2laugh wrote:in different states "life" has different meanings. In NJ I'm pretty sure "life" means 20 yrs, and in PA it is 30 years. Some states have "natural life" which is as Alan stated, "life without the possibility of parole". In the case in which i spoke, the boy was 14 when he stabbed my friend. But 14 is mature enough to know that you dont stab someone 96 times---and the rage that he must have had to do that is incredible.

With respect to manson--- he's crazy-- that is obvious. But he didnt kill anyone himself. Those other people CHOSE to kill. If he said, "jump off a bridge" would they do it? is he then guilty of assisted suicide? So IMO, his penalty should not be as harsh as theirs. I do think its crazy that the whole CA death penalty is that it was repealed in 1972, then reinstated in 1978. Those who were originally sentenced to death, should have had their sentences reinstated as well... but did not. Now they waste money on parole hearings every few years for people we all know can never be released.

No. Sorry. He's not crazy. He's a sociopath. Big difference. And he didn't kill anyone himself (as far as the Tate-LoBianco murders)? Again, sorry. If anything he deserves a harsher penalty (although Watson, Atkins, Kasabian, and Krenwinkel were just as responsible for the murders) because they committed them under his control. They wouldn't have happened without him. Vincent Bugliosi always got a chuckle out of Manson's pissing and moaning that he didn't kill anyone. He was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. He's just as guilty and deserves to rot just where he is.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

No. Sorry. He's not crazy. He's a sociopath. Big difference. And he didn't kill anyone himself (as far as the Tate-LoBianco murders)? Again, sorry. If anything he deserves a harsher penalty (although Watson, Atkins, Kasabian, and Krenwinkel were just as responsible for the murders) because they committed them under his control. They wouldn't have happened without him. Vincent Bugliosi always got a chuckle out of Manson's pissing and moaning that he didn't kill anyone. He was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. He's just as guilty and deserves to rot just where he is.

Under law you don't have to actually kill someone to be just as guilty and get the same sentence, that's why people who solicit hitmen are put in prison, even though they're having someone else commit the murder THEY want done, which is what Manson did except he had his own little army at his own making and dispatch.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:02 pm

I do think it sucks for people who drive their friend to a convenience store and while they wait in the car minding their own business, their "friend" robs the store and murders the clerk and the driver gets charged equally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm