CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

The Dark Knight (2008)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Dark Knight (2008) Empty The Dark Knight (2008)

Post by Chris Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:10 am

The Dark Knight (2008) Dark_Knight

Did you see The Dark Night?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The Dark Knight (2008) Empty Re: The Dark Knight (2008)

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 am

Yep. I liked it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 am

Yes, it was good. I'm not really a fan of these newer Batman movies.

I prefer Batman and Batman returns with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Danny Devito.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 pm

It was OK. Not my favorite Batman movie (Batman Begins)

The Dark Knight
    Review by Shale
    July 19, 2008

I just saw The Dark Knight today and yes, the late Heath Ledger does a great, menacing performance as The Joker in this, his last film. This movie is cleaning up at the box office this weekend and about 94% of critics give it good ratings.

It was good. It was action packed. It showed a Gotham City corrupt to its core, which according to those knowledgeable of Batman comix, is on the mark.

Dark Knight Night Flight
    The Dark Knight (2008) Photo_46_hires

From the trailers and the Internet, the story is probably known by everyone who just went to see how it plays out. District Attorney, Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) is bravely fighting the mob in Gotham with the help of his assistant Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal). This is the Rachel that Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) has known all his life and wants to connect with when his job as Batman ends. Trouble is, Rachel and Harvey have a thing for each other so there is a triangle going.

Conflicted Couple Rachel and Harvey
    The Dark Knight (2008) Photo_28_hires

The mob has infiltrated all city departments and no one can be trusted, but that is the least of law enforcements problems when a real psychopath shows up. The opening scene of a bank robbery in progress shows the extent of The Joker's malevolence and it just shows more and more throughout the movie.

We have the usual characters here from Batman Begins. Wayne Enterprises CEO Lucious Fox (Morgan Freeman) is still making all the gadgets and weapons that give Batman the edge. Lifelong servant, Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine) is still presenting the front for the rich, industrialist playboy and looking out for Wayne's best interests as his surrogate father. Both of these characters are used to help Batman keep his moral compass and not be guilt-ridden into succumbing to the terrorist Joker who is killing citizens just for the chaos he can cause.

During this mayhem The Joker is actually caught but you know it is too soon into the movie for him to stay caught - so escape, more mayhem, get caught again.

Gotcha (for a while)
    The Dark Knight (2008) Photo_12_hires

Now don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this movie but overall I wasn't as thrilled by it as all the hype would have me think I should. I just watched Batman Begins last week and preferred that movie to this one.

My problem was (despite what other reviewers say) the dragging. They could have made a better movie in two hours and quite frankly (All the kids will howl at this one) they could have cut out a little mayhem and there woulda been enough to go around. I felt they were running from one brutal situation to another, one exploding situation after another, to the point that it got tedious.

Maybe they were trying to show the absolute, unstoppable corruption of the Joker, but that was amply conveyed without the continuous mayhem.

But, don't let my comments or anyone else's stop you from seeing this movie. I would have seen it no matter what anyone else said and it was a good summer action flick - just not as satisfying for me as Batman Begins.

I will give this a 1 DVD rating, because I am in no hurry to see it again but it will go into my collection with Batman Begins.

Shale's movie rating scale:
    0 DVD No I would not waste my money or time seeing this movie again.
    1 DVD I would get this DVD for $5 or $7
    2 DVD I would get this DVD for $10
    3 DVD I would get this DVD for $15
    4 DVD I would get this DVD for $25 as soon as it was released.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Heath Ledger's Joker is one of my favorite characters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 am