CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

My Week With Marilyn

JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

My Week With Marilyn  Empty My Week With Marilyn

Post by JWF Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Marilyn Monroe is one of those iconic figures who has been played by many different actresses. Michael Williams offers in my opinion the most amazing performance in "My Week With Marilyn", in a manner like I've never seen before by any other actress.

There has been much written about Marilyn that adding a fresh spin on a new production isn't easy. This adds to Michael Williams extraordinary performance.

The story is based ....an in some quarters disputed....on a young (Eddie Redmayne) assistant's diary he kept during the filming of "The Prince and the Showgirl", and the two day affair he had with Marilyn. During the filming we follow how insecure Marilyn was, forgetting her lines, drowning in booze and pills, and the havoc her co-star/director Sir Laurence Olivier (Kenneth Branagh) had to endure.

Marilyn next film was "Some Like It Hot", now considered the greatest comedy ever made. And Sir Laurence follow-up was considered his greatest stage performance. BTW...."The Price and the Showgirl" was a released flop.

It would be eerie if Ms. Williams wins Best Actress for playing Marilyn, considering Ms. Monroe never received an Oscar or even a nomination.

3.5/5 Stars

Jack
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

My Week With Marilyn  Empty Re: My Week With Marilyn

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:32 pm

I saw coming attractions with Michelle Williams in the role of Marilyn, she even talks like her!!!!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 am