CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Bluesmama
Supernova
femme fatale
7 posters

Does everyone have the right to be a parent?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Does everyone have the right to be a parent? Empty Does everyone have the right to be a parent?

Post by femme fatale Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Do you think it's okay for everyone to be parents?
    How do you decide who gets to be a parent and who doesn't?

Personally, I don't think people who are living in extreme poverty should have any children. It's selfish to bring people into that environment. I also don't think people with serious ailments should have children. Ofcourse I would never tell anyone not to have kids (just because I don't like their situation) and I wouldn't stop them even if I could, but I just don't think it's right.

What say you?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Does everyone have the right to be a parent? Empty Re: Does everyone have the right to be a parent?

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd say anyone who beats their kids to death or who kills their kids, definitely should lose all reproductive rights and be sterilized.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Does everyone have the right to be a parent? Empty Re: Does everyone have the right to be a parent?

Post by Bluesmama Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Hell, no, I don't think it's a right! There is a large percentage out there who should never have children, be it abuse, self-abuse (drugs), violence, those with considerable mental retardation or illness.

I have a niece who married a high-functioning autistic man and they have four children ~ every damn one of them autistic. One is very severely autistic. I do not admire this situation at all.
    Artemis
    Artemis
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Artemis Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Nope.
    Some people think its a right. They like the idea of being pregnant/having babies then forget that they have to actually PARENT.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:58 am

femme fatale wrote:...Personally, I don't think people who are living in extreme poverty should have any children. It's selfish to bring people into that environment. I also don't think people with serious ailments should have children. Ofcourse I would never tell anyone not to have kids (just because I don't like their situation) and I wouldn't stop them even if I could, but I just don't think it's right.

What say you?
    co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 pm

It's their fucking body. I have no control over it.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:45 am

Until they prove that they aren't suitable to retain custody, yes everyone has a right to be a parent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:40 pm