CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
GrayWolf
RedBedroom
Shale
Supernova
8 posters

Is a bad parent better than no parent?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Is a bad parent better than no parent? Empty Is a bad parent better than no parent?

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't remember if I've brought this one up or not. This is something my mother and I are on completely opposite sides of the fence about. She thinks it's better to have a bastard for a father than to have no father and not have to be put through all the crap that follows. Although, seeing as how she was married 3 times I wonder if she really thinks that or if she's only trying to convince herself that she does, because she sure didn't stick around too long with those two bastards, even if they were the precious daddies who are so important. I say throw the bastard out and forget they ever existed.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Is a bad parent better than no parent? Empty Re: Is a bad parent better than no parent?

Post by Shale Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm

OK, the thread title was worded ambiguously. I thot it meant NO parent - not a single parent, which is infinitely better than keeping some destructive person in the child's life.

So, if the parent is bad (in the acronym of Dan Savage) DMFA!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Is a bad parent better than no parent? Empty Re: Is a bad parent better than no parent?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Most of the time it is best for them to be out of the picture. But not always. The remaining parent has to be healthy and able to take care of herself.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't think so. There are 40 somethings walking around all screwed up in the head cause they had "bad parents". Bad parentage can screw somebody up for life. No parents is better because even if someone misses having them, they can @ least not be warped.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I think having a truly "bad" parent is much worse than not having one at all. Bad parents psychologically scare their children in ways that someone who has had to make their way in the world without them at all don't have to experience.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:58 pm

I guess no parent is better than having a bad parent. A very good friend of mine totally hates his mother. And when he tells me stories, I can see why. He would've been better off without her.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:27 pm

No parent is probably better for the most part.

I'm glad my mom divorced my dad.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I guess I'm going with the majority. None is better than bad. But not by much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:36 am