CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
9 posters

Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny? Empty Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny?

Post by Chris Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 am

When someone tells you a joke, or says something that they think is humorous - but isn't, do you still laugh just to be polite?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny? Empty Re: Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny?

Post by Cheaps Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:31 am

Yes, I do.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny? Empty Re: Should you laugh at someone's joke even if it's not funny?

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Not really.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:51 pm

I usually do. Unless it is my son. I think it is important he knows what isn't funny.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:09 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I usually do. Unless it is my son. I think it is important he knows what isn't funny.

Buggers, farts and poop aren't funny? blank stare @ you
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Shale wrote:

Buggers, farts and poop aren't funny? blank stare @ you

LOL, Thankfully, he is out of that stage. He just sometimes says things that are either out of place for the situation, or I just don't laugh when it truly isn't funny. I feel like honesty is always the best policy with him.

For example, this weekend, my dad was giving his friend a hard time about a new walker he just got. My son chimed in which is totally unlike him to do, and he was doing it to impress my dad, but it was inappropriate and not funny.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:39 pm

If it's lame I'll still attempt to laugh but if it's offensive, no.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:06 am

If they are dirty jokes I never laugh. I had enough of those as a teenager when my father told me the filthiest jokes I have ever heard. He would start to tell them again and I would say "I heard it", he then would ask "What kind of kids do you run around with?". So they go in one ear and out the other. In fact if they are told in my home I tell people I don't appreciate them. However if they are clean jokes I probably would laugh somewhat even if there was little humor in them.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:02 am

I have done it. It's a pisser to force a fake laugh.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm

If you want to make them feel good then why not? I am not a fan of people telling me jokes cause I rarely find them funny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 pm