CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Tony Marino
Shale
Cheaps
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Supernova
RedBedroom
11 posters

Would you allow the joke to continue?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would you allow the joke to continue? Empty Would you allow the joke to continue?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 pm

As a joke, a co-worker sends anonymous love letters to another co-worker who takes them seriously. Everyone is enjoying the prank. Do you expose it?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you allow the joke to continue? Empty Re: Would you allow the joke to continue?

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:04 pm

No, I'd tell them the truth and then sell tickets to witness the massacre.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Would you allow the joke to continue? Empty Re: Would you allow the joke to continue?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Depends on how well I knew the players. I'm probably more likely to confront the joker than the jokee.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 pm

RedBedroom wrote:As a joke, a co-worker sends anonymous love letters to another co-worker who takes them seriously. Everyone is enjoying the prank. Do you expose it?
    What kind of ignorant fuckhead thinks something like that is funny? I'd give them a warning to knock it off first but if they didn't I'd expose them.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:49 am

^^Pretty much what Alan and CeCe said, confront the Joker first then if he doesn't let up, inform the person that the jokes being played on.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:27 am

Depending on the size of the company and its personnel policies, the joker could be out looking for another job if ever discovered. Start with wasting company time or a threat of hostile work environment/sexual harassment lawsuit, the joker becomes a major liability.

And that is exactly what I would tell the joker or if the person was particularly obnoxious (which such a prank indicates) I would go right to management.

This from a guy who is at this moment wasting company time here.
    evil grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:35 am

I would not get involved in the joke.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 pm

I wouldn't participate in the joke. Whether or not I'll tell the person that the prank is being played on depends on if I like them or not. If I don't, I would just keep my mouth shut and just not participate. If I do, I will tell them.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Depends on how well I knew the players. I'm probably more likely to confront the joker than the jokee.
    co-signs
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:42 pm

If I knew and liked the person the prank was being played on, I would pull them aside and give them a "you didn't hear it from me" heads up. If I didn't know or like the person, I'd stay out of it completely.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:48 pm

I wouldn't participate or snitch (unless it involved a friend). But I agree with Shale, ESPECIALLY if the "letters" are sent via email. Because those emails become the company's property.

I've been known to pull pranks but this one is going too far because it's perpetually playing on someone's emotions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am