CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Are you actively promoting your work?

zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Are you actively promoting your work? Empty Are you actively promoting your work?

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:53 pm

With all the stuff you write, what are some of the ways you get the word out?
    I am blogging and that is connected to my facebook. My wife and I have a website that we are currently reworking. The original web site was put together as a way to docment our transition to living full time on the road in an RV starting 2013.
    But my wife has taken a job in Michigan working with her family and that plan has been moved back. So I am going to usae the web site to promote my writing and her new business in real estate (appraiser).
    I am also actively looking for writer forums that aren't type A personalities. I have been on the Writer's Forum, but the jury is still out as to their persnicketiness.

At one time I considered the idea of doing a few zines, but even those have become e-zines on the web. It is becoming more and mor difficult for writers to have control over our work and not risk theft of our material while trying to promote ourselves.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Are you actively promoting your work? Empty Re: Are you actively promoting your work?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:57 pm

I don't really promote it yet cause there isn't anything to promote as nothing I've written has really been published. (I did get an honorable mention in a contest though. Just not sure what that's gonna mean. lol)
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Are you actively promoting your work? Empty Re: Are you actively promoting your work?

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I don't really promote it yet cause there isn't anything to promote as nothing I've written has really been published. (I did get an honorable mention in a contest though. Just not sure what that's gonna mean. lol)

It means someone NOTICED your writing...way cool.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:13 pm

lol Yeah, I suppose it means that. What I meant was that I don't know what happens as a result. They give the winners some modest cash prize and I think put the works up in the college library. Not sure if that's just for first-place winners or if an honorable mention is also included.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 pm