CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
Supernova
Shale
CeCe
Cheaps
Marc™
11 posters

As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain? Empty As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain?

Post by Marc™ Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 am

Since coming of age, have you experienced a pain so intense that it made you ball?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain? Empty Re: As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain?

Post by Cheaps Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 am

No, not from anything physical.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain? Empty Re: As An Adult, Have You Ever Cried From Physical Pain?

Post by CeCe Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:32 am

Unfortunately
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

No, never cried, but cursed a bit. Excerpt from my essay "Broken Leg Experience"

"I was set up for an IV, and they gave me some morphine. The doctor removed my shoe and proceeded to straighten my bent foot and leg. Morphine is really overrated. I was white-knuckling the stretcher, breathing hard and heavy and voicing my pain with choice expletives as low as I could. What is it about saying these words? I've been with women who said such words in the throes of orgasm, and yet here I was heavy breathing and saying the same words in the throes of excruciating pain. Anyhow, after the straightening and a temporary immobilization, the morphine finally made me relax for a while."
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 am

Yeah a couple of times when I was really sick.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:02 pm

As much as I can't tolerate pain, I dont think I've cried from it since I've been an adult.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah, I have.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 am

No
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:11 am

Shale wrote:No, never cried, but cursed a bit. Excerpt from my essay "Broken Leg Experience"

"I was set up for an IV, and they gave me some morphine. The doctor removed my shoe and proceeded to straighten my bent foot and leg. Morphine is really overrated. I was white-knuckling the stretcher, breathing hard and heavy and voicing my pain with choice expletives as low as I could. What is it about saying these words? I've been with women who said such words in the throes of orgasm, and yet here I was heavy breathing and saying the same words in the throes of excruciating pain. Anyhow, after the straightening and a temporary immobilization, the morphine finally made me relax for a while."

Studies have shown that profanity can decrease the amount of perceived pain especially if a person doesn't regulary use it. Probably why it doesn't work as well for me.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 am

I was already to say no until I remembered my last dental experience. Althought I don't recall ever actually crying (as in sobbing) in my adult life, when I had to get a tooth pulled last year the dentist injected my gums with novicane using a big ass needle. Now, I was fully prepaired for the shot and didn't see it as a big deal. But when he did it, it must of struck a nerve (literally) because I just remember a really sharp pain followed by my eye filling with water and finally a tear. It was weird.

I also tend to "cry" whenever I'm having my eyes examined. I'm not sure if these are tears of "pain" or just my eyes being sensitive to stimuli, but whenever the doctor shines that intensely bright light in my eyeball and I have to hold my eye open the whole time, I always end up "crying". It's extremely painful so I'm willing to acknowledge that this very well could be tears of pain. More likely it's an autonomic physical response to my eye being subjected to blinding light.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 pm

No I have a pretty high tolerance for physical pain. I'm more likely to cry over something sad than falling on my butt and breaking my leg.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 am

Yes, from severe chest pain before my heart bypass. But that was more from fear.

The worst pain I've ever had was a back spasm, and Shale is very correct ~ morphine IS over-rated! It didn't even take the edge off the pain. And while I didn't cry, sure wanted to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 am