CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RedBedroom
Hyacinth Girl
Chris
Shale
Bluesmama
CeCe
tmontyb
Tony Marino
12 posters

What Is the Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What Is the  Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered? Empty What Is the Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered?

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm

What's the worst type of physical pain any of you have ever felt, from accidents, diseases, or something else? I always thought I could tolerate pain fairly well, but my last experience with a Kidney stone made me change my mind. It was worse than my broken ankle.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

What Is the  Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered? Empty Re: What Is the Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered?

Post by tmontyb Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

This probably TMI, but I drank some SennaPod tea to relieve constipation, but I guess I drank to much and I wound up curled in fetal position on floor in a cold sweat. That stuff tore much my stomach up so bad. I was thinking is this what labor feels like? After about an hour, I was finally able to go and I'll tell ya, it was one of the best natural colonic I've ever had, but I would want to endure that pain again.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What Is the  Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered? Empty Re: What Is the Most Intense Physical Pain You've Ever Encountered?

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:18 pm

It would be between the carpal tunnel & the slipped rib. The CT is in both hands & extends up my arms. Been battling that for a week. The SRS doesn't allow you to breathe without an intense sharp traveling pain.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:23 pm

I know the answer to this one, and it happened 2-3 years ago. I had a cramp in my mid-back that was so bad that I had to take an ambulance. The morphine drip couldn't even take the edge off. The only thing that worked was the muscle-relaxant that they finally injected into me.

I've had childbirth, and I've had severe angina pain . . . and neither of them was as bad as this back pain.

I had back spasms in a plane to New Orleans in April and my poor husband had to use his elbows to apply accupressure. I was seriously worried that the plane would have to make an emergency stop. I took a muscle-relaxant and hung in there until we landed in Dallas. By the time we boarded for MSY I was okay. There is something very scary about unmanageable pain in an airplane.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Tony Marino wrote:What's the worst type of physical pain any of you have ever felt, from accidents, diseases, or something else? I always thought I could tolerate pain fairly well, but my last experience with a Kidney stone made me change my mind. It was worse than my broken ankle.

My husband went through this last year and it was horrible! He sat on the steps outside to get cool, and the pain made him throw up. Never saw him in such pain. He'd been having it for awhile, and because he waited so long to see the doctor he ended up damaging a kidney (I'm throwing that in as a warning to others).
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I've had lower back pain, that is tolerable but the cervical pinched nerve I had in the '70s was really bad. Couldn't lay on my back and every time I turned from one side to the other at night the pain woke me up.

But the most intense pain I can recall was the surgery/carpentry on my broken leg bone. I was either waking up in recovery (or was I still in surgery?) but the pain was excruciating. When I was officially awake in my room the pain was managed, but I remember that semi awake and how incredibly intense the pain was.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 pm

I've been lucky in this regard, I haven't had to deal with a lot of excruciating physical pain. I think the closest I've come to any is when I fell from a high landing while at work one day. My hand swole up bad and I had to have physical therapy for a few weeks.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Childbirth wasn't too much fun, but surprisingly, worse than that was when I had my mastectomy, 2 years ago. Most of the nerves were cut away with all the tissue, because I'm still numb to this day in spots, but apparantly there were a few left somewhere, because I had one really bad night after surgery where it felt like my chest was on fire.

I put my Ipod earplugs in and cranked up Grand Funk Railroad's "Greatest Hits", and kept playing it over and over to take my mind off the pain, and it worked, but now I can't listen to the entire album at once because it reminds me of that horrible night! LOL big grin
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:55 am

The pain after my neck surgery was terrible. The worst pain was from my hip, where they took the bone from.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:07 am

I have had migraines since I was 12 yrs old. When I first got them, it was june and i would be in such pain all day in school, then would come home, take a few tylenol then go to bed. This went on for three weeks... and my mom didnt believe i was really sick until school let out and i was still in bed. When the pain didnt subside, I began vomitting. She took me to a doctor who said it was intestinal virus---he was REALLY wrong.

On my 21st birthday, I was working at JCPenney and the pain was so bad in my head that I passed out. They called my husband---NOT an ambulance. The doctors still misdiagnosed me.

I had tried different meds for 20yrs, and finally about 5yrs ago the doctors got me on the right meds! Smile yay!!! will have to take them for life, but rarely get migraines anymore
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:42 am

I've also been pretty lucky in this regard...I get a few migraine headaches, which I say are the absolute worst but not THE worst pain I've felt I don't think...I think it's a 3 way tie between any of them, the time I about broke my ankle when I fell in the backyard, and my first tooth extraction that was without proper anesthetics.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 am

wants2laugh wrote:I have had migraines since I was 12 yrs old. When I first got them, it was june and i would be in such pain all day in school, then would come home, take a few tylenol then go to bed. This went on for three weeks... and my mom didnt believe i was really sick until school let out and i was still in bed. When the pain didnt subside, I began vomitting. She took me to a doctor who said it was intestinal virus---he was REALLY wrong.

On my 21st birthday, I was working at JCPenney and the pain was so bad in my head that I passed out. They called my husband---NOT an ambulance. The doctors still misdiagnosed me.

I had tried different meds for 20yrs, and finally about 5yrs ago the doctors got me on the right meds! Smile yay!!! will have to take them for life, but rarely get migraines anymore

Migraines are a bitch pissed they affect almost every sense. Brutal.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:25 am

Tooth pain.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Tooth pain.
    When I had my wisdom teeth out. They were all "boney impacted". Had to dig 'em out of my jaw.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 am