CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey Empty Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm

Today a statement has been made through Drew Peterson's leading attorney that he thought the Lifetime movie with Rob Lowe was hysterical. And the hicks he hired seem confident that juries are not going to make up their minds based on a Lifetime movie, which admittedly has fabricated many parts and has Stacey's sister protesting her sister was nothing like what we saw in the movie. Okay, it's a fair statement, you can't base your opinion on a murder trial from a TV movie...but how about the original book that it was made from?

Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey 1597776068.1.zoom

Has anybody read this book? I have not but first thing tomorrow I'm going to get in touch with the library to get it in on loan, I'm very curious to see what all Hosey has to say about it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey Empty Re: Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Unfortunately, like movies, books and authors are biased. They all have an agenda... if the author believes the guy is guilty, he will write it as guilty, and vise versa. I know how much you love these types of cases and strongly recommend you read a book called "Fatal Vision" It was also made into a tv movie. When you are finished, check out "Fatal Justice" which refutes the first book. It is an intriguing story of an army captain, a green beret doctor who is currently in prison for killing his pregnant wife and two children.

The second book explains that the author of the first book was supposed to write about his innocence. The publishers did not want him to be "innocent", so it painted him as guilty and became a best seller. He was originally charged by the army, and let go due to lack of evidence (the crime scene was totally contaminated). Years later, despite double jeopardy laws, he was tried by the federal govt, found guilty, and has been in jail for decades.

Read both books and tell me what you think... and thanks for bring the peterson book to our attention! Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey Empty Re: Fatal Vows; the Tragic Wives of Sergeant Drew Peterson by Joseph Hosey

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, W2L, next time I have a form open at the library I'll look into it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 pm

I have the movie on my DVR right now and will watch it eventually.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 pm