CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
wants2laugh
Supernova
6 posters

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body? Empty What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:17 am

Anybody else catch the movie on Lifetime tonight with Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson? My mother and I saw it, and in the movie his brother says he helped Drew move the body out of the house and we see them moving some kind of a chemical drum, WHERE he got it from I'd like to know, but I digress. Obviously he didn't kill her at the house, he knew where she was going, found here somewhere along the way and must've had a safe secluded spot out somewhere where he could kill her and figure out how to get rid of her without the fear of being caught.

So, what's everyone think? Did he cut her up? Dissolve her in lye? Put her in his plane and dump her in the river somewhere? Run her through a wood chipper? Obviously she'll never be found but what's everyone's take on this? Cop works in the HOMICIDE division, oh yeah he knows what to do with the body, but he would do well to remember that ANOTHER Peterson was convicted for life WITHOUT his wife and unborn son's bodies.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body? Empty Re: What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:12 am

I saw it too. The first thing I thought when I saw that scene was "how is that thing still in his house?" cause they would have found her body with a search warrant... chemicals or not, that drum would have been opened. And the second thing was... if the other guy helped him dispose of the body... why didnt the guy know where the body was??

I think the movie portrayed him pretty good tho.. in the interviews i saw of him, he was an a$$hole who loved himself and thought everything he did was wonderful.

As for scott peterson.. I always questioned whether or not he was guilty. What did NOT get press coverage back then, was that she was not the only pregnant woman who went missing. There were several pregnant women who were either found on the beach or just disappeared (I only know this because i have family in modesto and they just couldnt understand why scott was zero'd in on when it seemed like there was a serial murderer there). On top of that.. they claimed that he disposed of her body via his boat.. but the boat was brand new and Dr. Baden proved that the boat never hit the water (otherwise there would have been sediments from the water absorbed into the hull).

I know the guy was a jerk... but that doesnt make him a killer.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body? Empty Re: What did Drew Peterson do with his wife's body?

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 am

Probably for dramatic effect because like my mother pointed out why wouldn't you have the car backed up to the house or the garage to put the drum in and get rid of it? Otherwise there might be witnesses to it. If he did stuff her in a chemical drum he most likely would've left it wherever he killed her, which was NOT the house otherwise SOMETHING would've been found there.

He sure did. But you know, it's been 3 years now and if memory serves he's STILL in jail pending a trial, so I'd find it very interesting to know if he's still laughing about it. Though what we want to know is HOW has he stayed alive so long? They probably don't have him in general pop. but the guards still have access to him.

Unless he's trying to psyche the jury out with reverse psychology by acting like a lunatic, he can't POSSIBLY believe people are going to acquit him. NOBODY is going to be laughing and making jokes when they're arrested for their wife's murder if they're innocent.

And, here is another part I don't get, he DID have a fiancee AFTER Stacey disappeared. 4 years later her body has NEVER been found. So how did he plan to marry his next victim when that would be bigamy since he's not divorced from Stacey and they haven't been able to prove she's dead? And there's also the 7 year waiting period for a person to be officially declared dead after disappearing before remarriage is an option.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:18 am

he was engaged... he is manipulating these young women... so i am sure that he wasnt planning on actually marrying her. any attempt to do so would be admitting guilt for sure.

I still dont see what these women see in him!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:27 am

wants2laugh wrote:he was engaged... he is manipulating these young women... so i am sure that he wasnt planning on actually marrying her. any attempt to do so would be admitting guilt for sure.

I still dont see what these women see in him!

YES! Shall we first begin with the fact that he's old enough to be their father, or grandfather? I guess they must have some kind of daddy fixation that they'd want to have sex with a dirty old cop. That's bad enough in the first place, but THEN to have the same guy be accused of murdering his wives, exactly how STUPID do you have to be to find that appealing?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 am

but they looooooooovvvvveeee him and know him better than anyone.. so they KNOW he didnt do it! lol

I always thought that maybe they thought he had a lot of money or something. some women do have fixations on cops, because they have a certain power about them... but then again, some women have fixations on jailbirds too. Guess there is someone for everyone. Problem with this guy is that he keeps killing them!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:49 am

Indeeeeeeeeeeed. And you know, as a child one of the first things I learned that when cops are family men, they do NOT make a lot of money so I would be asking right away how he could afford his own plane, and just buy a car for some random woman, and a big house, and all of that, on a COP'S salary, uh uh something ain't straight there. And then, I don't know about the real case, but in the movie he planned to keep her pregnant and in the house and raise 4 kids on a cop's salary, ah-NO.

Yeah they have a power about them, the power to kill you and get away with it. I would NEVER get involved with a cop, and any woman who would needs to ask herself this question: If when your husband goes crazy and beats you up and tries to kill you, you call the cops for protection, WHO do you call for help when your COP husband tries to kill you? His poker buddies? You think they'll take your word over his? Think they'll actually arrest him? Think he'll actually stay in jail? And sure they'll claim oh he would NEVER do anything like that, but you know what? EVERY woman who ever married an abusive POS said the exact same thing, those who are bruised and buried, were THEY right when they said it?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 am

i got news for you... even if you are not getting beat up by a cop, but someone else, the courts let them go. My sister literally tried to run my other sister over with the car, beat her front door down, followed my 21 yr old nephew 5 miles trying to run him off the road with his car... and NOTHING! She kept calling the police on ME, saying that i killed my mom... which she is still alive. After she violated the restraining order SIX times, they put an ankle bracelet on her for a month. She even attacked me in the courthouse in front of about 50 witnesses!!! And STILL nothing! That crazy woman should have been locked in a hospital... but the judges just kept "giving her one more chance". Now she is dead and I blame them!

So cop or no cop---- no one is safe.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 am

I don't know, but I know they didn't prove that he killed her. How you gonna convict somebody of murder and you don't even have a body? LOL, they convicted him based on pure emotion. A big no no.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 am

Fortunately a body is not always needed for a murder charge or a conviction; just because some bastards are very good at making bodies disappear is no reason they should go free.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 am

Supernova wrote:Fortunately a body is not always needed for a murder charge or a conviction; just because some bastards are very good at making bodies disappear is no reason they should go free.

LOL, it isn't? Then how do you know it's murder? What if said body decided to disappear on their own and didn't want to be found? That has happened before. There are thousands of missing kids and people out there.....you gonna convict the families of those missing people of murder too? I actually followed that case. That prosecution had NO fucking proof. All they had was reasonable doubt and a theory holeyer that Swiss cheese about him cheating on his wife with that chick, therefore he must've killed Lacey because he wanted to marry her. The sorriest thing I've seen in the world. And people, just like you, ate it up. Do I think he killed his wife? He sure did. But they couldn't prove it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:43 am

Just because you're missing for 7 years doesn't mean you're dead either but the law officially makes it so. They've never found Natalie Holloway's body and they never will but they finally declared her dead with no evidence of that either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Supernova wrote:Just because you're missing for 7 years doesn't mean you're dead either but the law officially makes it so. They've never found Natalie Holloway's body and they never will but they finally declared her dead with no evidence of that either.

I didn't say dead. I said murder. How you do you know that it's murder and that HE murdered her?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm lost, which case are we talking about in this instant?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, it isn't? Then how do you know it's murder? What if said body decided to disappear on their own and didn't want to be found? That has happened before. There are thousands of missing kids and people out there.....you gonna convict the families of those missing people of murder too? I actually followed that case. That prosecution had NO fucking proof. All they had was reasonable doubt and a theory holeyer that Swiss cheese about him cheating on his wife with that chick, therefore he must've killed Lacey because he wanted to marry her. The sorriest thing I've seen in the world. And people, just like you, ate it up. Do I think he killed his wife? He sure did. But they couldn't prove it.

Sorry NY but whether you agree with her or not, authorities don't need a body to indict, try and convict someone of murder.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Now I read about a case where a man allegedly, killed his roommate by accident during a fight, but because he was afraid he'd be blamed for murder, he dissolved the body in lye and washed it down the tub. And he had done for the most part a pretty good job, all that was left were a few tiny pieces of bone. And he never would've been found out, except when he ran out of the apartment, he locked the dog in and it wouldn't stop barking, and that led to the neighbors calling the police.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Sorry NY but whether you agree with her or not, authorities don't need a body to indict, try and convict someone of murder.

They still convicted him based on emotion. If I was a juror, a man cheating on his wife or him not wanting to have a baby isn't enough evidence for me to be convinced that he murdered his wife. They don't even know how she died. Too much reasonable doubt to declare someone a murderer. Every missing person should be declared "murdered" then.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Supernova wrote:I'm lost, which case are we talking about in this instant?

This is your thread isn't it?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Supernova wrote:Anybody else catch the movie on Lifetime tonight with Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson? My mother and I saw it, and in the movie his brother says he helped Drew move the body out of the house and we see them moving some kind of a chemical drum, WHERE he got it from I'd like to know, but I digress. Obviously he didn't kill her at the house, he knew where she was going, found here somewhere along the way and must've had a safe secluded spot out somewhere where he could kill her and figure out how to get rid of her without the fear of being caught.

So, what's everyone think? Did he cut her up? Dissolve her in lye? Put her in his plane and dump her in the river somewhere? Run her through a wood chipper? Obviously she'll never be found but what's everyone's take on this? Cop works in the HOMICIDE division, oh yeah he knows what to do with the body, but he would do well to remember that ANOTHER Peterson was convicted for life WITHOUT his wife and unborn son's bodies.

They had both bodies before he was arrested and he's on death row.

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I didn't watch the movie & haven't been really following the case but isn't the missing wife's case still open? And what they got him on was the murder of the previous wife whose body was exhumed & determined she was murdered in the tub. confused

And yeah I seriously doubt Scott Peterson would ever have been convicted without Laci washing up. The only case that comes to mind is that of a woman whose blood was found in a cooler that had been chained & dumped in the ocean. It's possible but I don't think it's common & the evidence has to be substantial.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

They still convicted him based on emotion. If I was a juror, a man cheating on his wife or him not wanting to have a baby isn't enough evidence for me to be convinced that he murdered his wife. They don't even know how she died. Too much reasonable doubt to declare someone a murderer. Every missing person should be declared "murdered" then.

Every missing person should be declared "murdered" then." Not if there isn't other evidence but if there is other strong circumstantial evidence then yes. Drew Peterson hasn't even gone to trial yet and they may not get a conviction because there may not be enough other evidence with or without a body even if they do find one. And they didn't just convict Scott Peterson with emotion. Sometimes motive, behavior and other circumstantial evidence like the bodies being discovered in the vicinity of where he was known to have recently been, his infidelity and him behaving like he didn't expect her to come back been is enough circumstantial evidence to convict. You are free to acquit if you're ever on a jury. I might do the same depending on the case but your statement implied to me that you always need a body to convict someone of murder. Legally and practically that is not always the case.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

They had both bodies before he was arrested and he's on death row.

That's what I thought but in all honesty that trial was more my mother's thing to follow than mine. But after the Casey Anthony verdict, a lot of people said there was pretty much the same amount of evidence and he got convicted while she walked. In her case all that was left was a skeleton so they couldn't determine what the cause of death was, and some people said that in Peterson's case they got the conviction without the bodies which I thought was odd because I remembered them saying they knew that Connor had been cut out of Laci and I couldn't figure out HOW you do that without a body.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Every missing person should be declared "murdered" then." Not if there isn't other evidence but if there is other strong circumstantial evidence then yes. Drew Peterson hasn't even gone to trial yet and they may not get a conviction because there may not be enough other evidence with or without a body even if they do find one. And they didn't just convict Scott Peterson with emotion. Sometimes motive, behavior and other circumstantial evidence like the bodies being discovered in the vicinity of where he was known to have recently been, his infidelity and him behaving like he didn't expect her to come back been is enough circumstantial evidence to convict. You are free to acquit if you're ever on a jury. I might do the same depending on the case but your statement implied to me that you always need a body to convict someone of murder. Legally and practically that is not always the case.

And, going into circumstantial evidence there is plenty of that to speak of in Drew's case. Yes they haven't found his wife so they can't PROVE that she's murdered, but here are some facts. Murder is NOT something you want to be charged and convicted of, especially if you're innocent because that could mean dying for something you didn't do, or at the very least spending most or all of the rest of your life in prison for it. So, with so serious a charge in the air, who, if they were innocent, at the time they were arrested for murdering their wife would be LAUGHING and MAKING JOKES and showing off for the camera?

Another fact, without divorce, annulment, proof of death, or 7 years' time to officially declare a spouse dead, legally you are STILL married, meaning if you try to get married to someone else you are knowingly committing bigamy. So he can say all he wants that she left him for another man but that doesn't make him single to marry his next fiance.

And, as people have pointed out, Drew Peterson is a COP, a retired cop, so with the whole country looking for his wife, why wasn't he using any of his police know how to track her down? He can say all he wants that she left him for someone else, but if that were true he would have some proof to show, a picture, an email, something to show she DID have another man on the side.

He clearly was not worried at all about her EVER coming back and interfering with his plans. Which is odd because you would think you would want some kind of finality, an official end to the marriage BEFORE you try playing old geezer bachelor of the month looking for wife number 5. I mean as a guy who HAS been divorced twice, the last thing he would need would be for her to come back out of the blue and try to ruin his life with his new girlfriend, but if she was alive there would always be the possibility that she would come back, for the kids, to have him arrested for bigamy, for something. But he's not worried, he KNOWS she will never come back.

And then there's the fact that if she did leave, she LEFT HER CHILDREN BEHIND, something that her friends and family swore she would NEVER do. Now Drew Peterson is not a family annihilator, he just likes controlling, abusing and murdering his wives.

Circumstantial evidence is not a videotape of the killing but it IS what makes up most evidence in a lot of murder cases and it shouldn't be disregarded just because it's not the smoking gun.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Supernova wrote:

That's what I thought but in all honesty that trial was more my mother's thing to follow than mine. But after the Casey Anthony verdict, a lot of people said there was pretty much the same amount of evidence and he got convicted while she walked. In her case all that was left was a skeleton so they couldn't determine what the cause of death was, and some people said that in Peterson's case they got the conviction without the bodies which I thought was odd because I remembered them saying they knew that Connor had been cut out of Laci and I couldn't figure out HOW you do that without a body.

He hadn't actually been cut out. It's a lot of scientific crapola involving decomp & gasses but it really was miraculous the way it turned out. I didn't really follow the CA story but there was strong circumstantial against Peterson. Anyone with common sense would have convicted him. But that was what I was worried about. I was concerned that some of the jurors might believe there was some doubt & that she may have just run away from this asshole. The bodies probably sealed it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm

CeCe wrote:

He hadn't actually been cut out. It's a lot of scientific crapola involving decomp & gasses but it really was miraculous the way it turned out. I didn't really follow the CA story but there was strong circumstantial against Peterson. Anyone with common sense would have convicted him. But that was what I was worried about. I was concerned that some of the jurors might believe there was some doubt & that she may have just run away from this asshole. The bodies probably sealed it.

Yeah I think we can agree it's hard to run off with someone else when you're dead. Which seems to also be the issue in the Drew Peterson case, he insists she ran off with another guy and is on a beach somewhere, but with as much as he's got at stake on that claim, he never went to any trouble to confirm it. People say if she IS on a beach it's because he dumped her there.

And TODAY, he has made a statement through his lawyer saying he thought it was HYSTERICAL the way he was portrayed. And likewise, Stacey's family are not pleased with how she was portrayed, but what his lawyers don't seem to understand is people don't have to take the word of a TV movie, they can read all the non-fiction books that have been done about the case, including the one which they made the movie from because it was not a Hollywood book or a Lifetime one for that matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:33 pm