CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY!

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY! Empty Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY!

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:41 pm

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY! Empty Re: Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY!

Post by RedBedroom Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:59 pm

I was so happy to read that earlier! I was honestly getting a bit afraid of a hung jury.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY! Empty Re: Jury's in: Drew Peterson is GUILTY!

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:52 pm

I haven't followed this trial much and I would often get this mixed up with the Scott Peterson trial but from reading the excerpts of it and the basic facts.....I see that they basically convicted him the same way that convicted Scott Peterson. Circumstantial evidence and hearsay. And emotion. And apparently because of this case, there is some kind of law that would allow "hearsay" evidence admissible in court! Or at least make it a strong factor in such a case. This is a bad precedent. Says a lot about the American justice system when you can go to jail without being PROVEN guilty. In any case, whatever. He prob. did kill her.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I haven't followed this trial much and I would often get this mixed up with the Scott Peterson trial but from reading the excerpts of it and the basic facts.....I see that they basically convicted him the same way that convicted Scott Peterson. Circumstantial evidence and hearsay. And emotion. And apparently because of this case, there is some kind of law that would allow "hearsay" evidence admissible in court! Or at least make it a strong factor in such a case. This is a bad precedent. Says a lot about the American justice system when you can go to jail without being PROVEN guilty. In any case, whatever. He prob. did kill her.

They had a body to go on, a body that drowned in a tub that had no water in it. That's not circumstantial, it's a fact that you can't drown in a dry tub. Besides, circumstantial evidence and hearsay make up most of any and all evidence that is EVER presented in a trial; very rarely is the prosecutor going to be able to supply a videotape showing the defendant killing their victim.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Supernova wrote:

They had a body to go on, a body that drowned in a tub that had no water in it. That's not circumstantial, it's a fact that you can't drown in a dry tub.

They didn't prove that HE killed her and put her in a dry bathtub. They couldn't.

Besides, circumstantial evidence and hearsay make up most of any and all evidence that is EVER presented in a trial;

And what makes that right? You must PROVE that somebody did something. You have to have hard evidence. Not some shit that somebody told you or something that you 'theorized'.

very rarely is the prosecutor going to be able to supply a videotape showing the defendant killing their victim.

They don't have to supply a videotape of him killing her....any kind of physical proof....prints, blood, hair, etc...that proves he was at the scene of the crime or if it was present on her body would've been enough to prove that he did it. They dug up that woman's body, what...six yrs later? Figured that she must've been murdered, then gonna say her husband probably murdered her because her sister heard him threatened her before? Sorry. That doesn't cut the mustard. If common sense told you that a person cannot drown in a waterless bathtub, he should've been investigated then. Not some odd years later when the burden of proof would be that much more difficult. Not that it matters anyway. The family got what they wanted.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

They don't have to supply a videotape of him killing her....any kind of physical proof....prints, blood, hair, etc...that proves he was at the scene of the crime or if it was present on her body would've been enough to prove that he did it. They dug up that woman's body, what...six yrs later? Figured that she must've been murdered, then gonna say her husband probably murdered her because her sister heard him threatened her before? Sorry. That doesn't cut the mustard. If common sense told you that a person cannot drown in a waterless bathtub, he should've been investigated then. Not some odd years later when the burden of proof would be that much more difficult. Not that it matters anyway. The family got what they wanted.

Yeah there SHOULD have been an investigation from the start because any idiot can tell you people don't drown in empty tubs so no coroner who EVER spent one day in medical school could ever arrive at the opposite conclusion either. But they didn't, meaning that somebody decided it was a matter not worth looking into, that coincides VERY nicely with the 'hearsay' that Drew told his wife he could kill her and make it look like an accident. There's no better suspect for that line of work THAN a cop. However, initial investigation or not, there is no statute of limitations on murder so I say regardless of what state the body was in when she was dug up, they still proved she didn't drown in an empty tub, and there was never presented a second likely candidate who would want her dead or had any reason to, and I'm not going to buy she killed herself to frame him either.

Now, it's also all circumstantial, but he really hanged himself by laughing and joking when he was arrested and EVERY time he appeared at court he was so full of himself, your wife is dead, they think you did it, and you think it's funny and you're going to get off. Of course it's all circumstantial, but no innocent person is ever that cocky.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:51 pm