CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Hyacinth Girl
RedBedroom
Supernova
AtownPeep
8 posters

Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral.

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral. Empty Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral.

Post by AtownPeep Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:49 am

“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions.

“I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”

- Bobby Brown
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral. Empty Re: Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral.

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 am

Wasn't he also quoted as saying on his way out that it didn't matter because he had a concert to go do in 4 hours anyway?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral. Empty Re: Bobby Brown asked to leave Whitney's funeral.

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:14 am

My guy and I had a debate about this tonight. I think Brown should have stayed regardless of how he felt he was being treated. He was there to either pay his respects to someone he loves/loved and or support his daughter.

If someone I know passes away and I am compelled to attend the services for whatever reason, how I am treated will not dictate my staying or leaving because being there would be for a bigger reason than to be respected.

Even if he was ushered to the back row, at least his daughter would know he was in the room.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:21 am

Would she want him though? That's always another question. And my mother was watching the funeral on and off today and said he didn't even come in in the beginning, like he came in somewhere during the middle of the service.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:25 am

Supernova wrote:Would she want him though? That's always another question. And my mother was watching the funeral on and off today and said he didn't even come in in the beginning, like he came in somewhere during the middle of the service.

I think (but don't know for sure) when the footage of him outside at the start of the service aired he had already been in and left at that point.

Another thing I am totally just assuming is she did want him there because it was invite only and if she wanted him excluded, he wouldn't have gotten in to begin with.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:30 am

Of course the next question is is her daughter going to follow after her? After this story broke and they were showing old interview footage of her and she says 'let's get one thing straight, crack is cheap, I make too much money to do crack' but she admits to doing everything else, what the hell...how do you bring up a child in an environment like that?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 am

I sure do hope her daughter does ok in life. It is sad to think of her not doing well. I truly can not even think of what it is like to lose a parent before even turning 20.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:35 am

No kidding. When I was younger I used to think if you did make it to at least 18 before your parents died, well you're grown so...but then you get to that age and like my mother said that's when you need your parents the most because that's when life gets really confusing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:45 am

Supernova wrote:No kidding. When I was younger I used to think if you did make it to at least 18 before your parents died, well you're grown so...but then you get to that age and like my mother said that's when you need your parents the most because that's when life gets really confusing.

Honestly, to me, it isn't even about needing your parents. I love my mom to the tips of my fingers but she was never the type to give a lot of advice or guidance. But I was 29 when I lost her and it was by far the roughest thing I have ever had happen.

In a case like this, I can't even imagine what it is like to lose a mom with the whole world watching. Because of the drugs there are so many negative things being said and I can't imagine what her daughter can/will do to process the anger she will have when she sees tabloid media being disrespectful with their headlines.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I heard he was asked to leave because he was allowed to bring two guests but brought an entourage of nine. I don't know the whole story though as I wasn't really paying much attention due to other things on my parental plate.
    Artemis
    Artemis
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Artemis Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I heard he was asked to leave because he was allowed to bring two guests but brought an entourage of nine. I don't know the whole story though as I wasn't really paying much attention due to other things on my parental plate.

something about being asked to move a few times.... I can't see how being asked to move seats would compel you to leave early.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Sounds to me like efforts to make him as uncomfortable as possible by making him get up and move so many times. IF that is, indeed, what happened. Unless he blatantly ignored some rules (like "the entourage" the above poster mentioned) then I think he had as much right to be there as anyone else.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:18 pm

The way I heard it was he tried to sit in the front row and they told him no, those seats were reserved for the family and he didn't count as the family or something.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Supernova wrote:The way I heard it was he tried to sit in the front row and they told him no, those seats were reserved for the family and he didn't count as the family or something.

And that would make sense, except for their daughter.

I've heard references here of his "kids". Did they have more than one child? Or does he have others from someone else?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 am

There are a lot of different stories floating around so the only people who know the truth are the ones who were there & saw it. Regardless of which one is true, the entourage of NINE was ridiculous. And he's the EX. The ex doesn't get special treatment. If their daughter wanted him to sit with her that would be one thing. The tagalongs would need to sit in the back IF there was room for them. It was a private function which gives no "rights" to anyone who wasn't invited. Those who were still need to abide by whatever guidelines were in place.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:49 am

He wasn't "asked" to leave, he left because he was being treated like shit. People will never stop blaming Bobby for Whitney and that's something he's going to have to unfairly live with. It's fucked up.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:15 am

Nystyle709 wrote:He wasn't "asked" to leave, he left because he was being treated like shit. People will never stop blaming Bobby for Whitney and that's something he's going to have to unfairly live with. It's fucked up.

I was watching Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on TV tonight talking about this, and I couldn't really tell whose side they were on. But I got the feeling that Sharpton wanted him to stay and be quiet while Jesse wanted him to leave (and be quiet).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:57 am