CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RedBedroom
Marc™
Suzi
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Shale
Supernova
femme fatale
12 posters

Sending kids to bed without "supper"

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Sending kids to bed without "supper" Empty Sending kids to bed without "supper"

Post by femme fatale Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Who else thinks this is the craziest concept? If my kids were misbehaving and being punished, I wouldn't deny them dinner. They can eat, after they get their butts whupped or before they head up to their bedrooms for lockdown. I wouldn't ever not allow my kids to have food.

Did your parents ever do this to you?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sending kids to bed without "supper" Empty Re: Sending kids to bed without "supper"

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:45 pm

I was going to bring this up. You always heard that one in the old movies and in some older TV, I think the one that comes to everybody's mind is Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz saying it. As a kid I never got what the big deal about that was as a punishment, because as a kid I did not eat my dinner most of the time, so for me that would've been more like a reward not to have to eat dinner. I have to agree though, I can't rightly see making the kids go hungry a fitting punishment, but then again how would you make sure they didn't raid the fridge after you went to bed?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Sending kids to bed without "supper" Empty Re: Sending kids to bed without "supper"

Post by Shale Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:25 pm

I have heard of that in entertainment but never experienced it. My mom was more into usind a belt on our legs and butt. I don't think it ever occured to her to deny me food.

She grew up in the depression and often went hungry as a kid so I guess it really woulda hurt her worse than me.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Never occurred to me to deny dinner anymore than it would have occurred to me to deny air.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

It might have happened to me but so long ago I don't remember. Never even tried that with our daughter.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

femme fatale wrote:Who else thinks this is the craziest concept? If my kids were misbehaving and being punished, I wouldn't deny them dinner. They can eat, after they get their butts whupped or before they head up to their bedrooms for lockdown. I wouldn't ever not allow my kids to have food.

Did your parents ever do this to you?
    No that was never done to me and it never entered my head to punish the kids by withholding food. I can't imagine punishing a child that way.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Nah, the kids always eat. If they act up too bad they just won't get a say in what's served.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm

I wouldn't do that either. There have been times (though very, very few) he was acting picky and I said, "This or nothing," and it ended up as nothing. I only did that when I knew he had liked the meal in the past.

My son suffers migraines so sending him up without dinner can bring on a headache. So, I want to avoid that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 am

That seems too mean, and no my ma never did that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:49 pm

That's too 'old school' for my tastes. I would never deprive my kids food.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 pm

I would not deny them food but their butts would be a little tanned after dinner.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:53 pm

No they didn't and I wouldn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 8:10 am