CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Impact
Chris
RedBedroom
8 posters

Question for the guys here

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Question for the guys here Empty Question for the guys here

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey, guys. I hope you can help me out with something.
    I want to prepare myself in advance for the day that my son decides to start wearing cologne. He hits middle school this year, so I know it is about to come up soon. And what I need to know is what scents are appropriate. I have been around some of his friends who wear cheap shit and it is yucky. I would like his first scent to be something light that is not overbearing. Something that is clean and fresh is what I would like to start out with. I just don't want him to bathe himself in something cheap and gaudy and clear rooms with his smell!
    I thank you guys in advance for any suggestions. I can't say much about price range....I don't mind spending more if it is a good scent, but he is young, so I don't want to break the bank.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Question for the guys here Empty Re: Question for the guys here

Post by Chris Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I recommend Polo for men. You can get him either the cologne or the lotion. The lotion is good because he can take it with him and casually moisturize his skin (hands, face, etc.) with the fragrance, but then again some boys his age may not keep up with lotions, creams, and whatnot, since they're so easy to drop or lose. He may take a bottle of cologne more seriously, if only for vanity purposes. I guess it would depend on his personality, and what you think he'd handle better. But Polo is my recommendation!

Congratulations, your little man is becoming a tween. From there it's only a short leap to asking what kind of used car would be good for a kid who just got his license!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:11 am

Thank you so much, Chris. I will check out Polo to see what it smells like. Isn't there more than one scent or is it just Polo? I guess I thought that RL had more than one scent under the label "Polo". I am probably wrong. I think he would be more the application in the a.m. type then forget about it. I think that he will want it way before he should have it.
    It is so funny that you talked about his "future car" since he literally just told me today that he has his first car picked out! He was with a friend of our family who is 21 a lot this past week, and per my son's logic, we could buy Trav's car (old Grand Am) for him when Trav is ready to upgrade. He has been stressing about failing his driver's test for a couple years, which is silly, given his age. One of his motocross sponsors lets him drive his truck on the ice practice track to plow it in the winter and he has been doing fine with that since he was nine. Yet he is already being critical of how he will do with a driving instructor. I hesitate to say he is a total type A personality, but he really sweats how is is going to look to anyone outside the family.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:55 am

I'd get him Hugo by Hugo Boss.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 am

RedBedroom wrote:Thank you so much, Chris. I will check out Polo to see what it smells like. Isn't there more than one scent or is it just Polo? I guess I thought that RL had more than one scent under the label "Polo". I am probably wrong. I think he would be more the application in the a.m. type then forget about it. I think that he will want it way before he should have it.

There are a few different scents; off the top of my head, there's there's Polo Sport, Polo Explorer, Polo Double Black. I think there's just regular 'Polo' as well.

It is so funny that you talked about his "future car" since he literally just told me today that he has his first car picked out! He was with a friend of our family who is 21 a lot this past week, and per my son's logic, we could buy Trav's car (old Grand Am) for him when Trav is ready to upgrade. He has been stressing about failing his driver's test for a couple years, which is silly, given his age. One of his motocross sponsors lets him drive his truck on the ice practice track to plow it in the winter and he has been doing fine with that since he was nine. Yet he is already being critical of how he will do with a driving instructor. I hesitate to say he is a total type A personality, but he really sweats how is is going to look to anyone outside the family.

LOL! It's cute that's he's worried about his drivers test this early. Far as his first car goes, of course by the time he's sixteen, your friends car won't be quite as shiny in his eyes as it is now. He's just overexcited about the future. My daughter turns thirteen in four months, and already has her car picked out too. I wish she had her sights realistically set on a used car, that she'll have to pay for at least half of, but for some reason she thinks she's getting a brand new one off the showroom floor for her sixteenth birthday. She'll find out soon enough. I didn't get my first car until I was nineteen, and it was very used.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Hey RB What I usually do when choosing a cologne is when I am at the
    cologne counter they have samples and testers. I usually test them out
    first before deciding which one to get. There are so many on the market
    now and its hard to choose. Some are a bit overpowering so I suggest
    testing a scent first and see if you and your son like it. A good
    cologne is kind of expensive these days so thats why I choose carefully.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Even though they're common brands, my 2 favorites are CK 1 and Obsession!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:03 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:Even though they're common brands, my 2 favorites are CK 1 and Obsession!

Good choices Robbie.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 am

Thanks all for the suggestions. Any thing CK, I may just avoid for him, as they are the scents from my generation. I just want to have a handle on it before it comes to us buying. I don't want to get there and him choose something that is really fragrant.
    Ya, I know his choices in all things...cars, scents, clothes and cool parent will change in a fast pace her soon!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:12 pm

I don't use cologne myself anymore but regardless of what he wears, just don't let him bath in it if you know what I mean.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Alan, you are absolutely correct. His uncle's girlfriend was here tonight telling me how her son "bathes" in Axe...Ick.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 am

My uncle does that (bath in cologne) and it's the tackiest thing in the world and he stinks after. You're not suppose to douse yourself in it. A little bit of that stuff goes a long way.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:59 am

Right now I am wearing a very light spray of a very OLD cologne called Canoe. I got nostalgic last month and bought a bottle and people have been asking me what I was wearing!!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Almost a year later, how did this situation pan out Red?
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Hugo Boss.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:55 pm

RedBedroom wrote:...I have been around some of his friends who wear cheap shit and it is yucky. I would like his first scent to be something light that is not overbearing. Something that is clean and fresh is what I would like to start out with. I just don't want him to bathe himself in something cheap and gaudy and clear rooms with his smell! ...

RobbieFTW wrote:My uncle does that (bath in cologne) and it's the tackiest thing in the world and he stinks after. You're not suppose to douse yourself in it. A little bit of that stuff goes a long way.

As you may know, I am averse to perfumes and artificial fragrances. In fact I am very sensitive to them - they gag me.

However I bolded things you said that should be imparted to any young man about fragrances. (and Robbie said it last year)

If he must use them, KEEP IT SUBTLE. Personally, I think perfumes should be smelled by lovers - closer than a couple feet from each other. If I can smell you when you enter the room 10 feet away, it is toooo much.

I probably made ppl gag when I was a young man wearing English Leather you could smell a block away.

As for me, real men smell like Cumin. Or, chicken soup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:10 pm