CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Nhaiyel
Supernova
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Chris
RobbieFTW
MFD10
RedBedroom
FightSleep
13 posters

Has your house ever been broken into?

FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Has your house ever been broken into? Empty Has your house ever been broken into?

Post by FightSleep Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 am

True story- 3 yrs ago I'm walking up my basement steps and hear a "click click" at the door. Its after midnight and everybody is home. Closer I get to the door, I see the top lock slowly turn so I immediately turn it the other way back. Then everything stops. No more clicking, no more lock turning. Whoever was trying to break in must have gotten scared and run off. But man that was a REALLY scary experience. The next day my dad installed brand new dead bolts.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Has your house ever been broken into? Empty Re: Has your house ever been broken into?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 am

Yep. Our house was broken into when I was about six, living in Chicago. But, my parents felt for sure it was the upstairs tenants. But still pretty freaky.
    MFD10
    MFD10
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Has your house ever been broken into? Empty Re: Has your house ever been broken into?

Post by MFD10 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:07 am

No but my car was once stolen right out of my driveway. I got it back two days later and the thieves were caught, but needless to say I became really leery of the surroundings after that.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 am

No but 2 of my neighbors (one across the street and the other a few doors down) have been robbed in the middle of the night.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 am

Fortunately no, but I too have had neighbors whose houses were. This reminds me, though, that I should give Brinx/Broadview a call.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Yep, twice. Once when I was about sixteen....someone broke into our house and stole all of my CD's and my brother's video games and his video game systems. Second time, I was 18 and someone broke in while I was in the house. So the guy tried to rob me at gunpoint. If I hadn't been on the phone with the police when he came in....who knows what might have happened.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Yep, twice. Once when I was about sixteen....someone broke into our house and stole all of my CD's and my brother's video games and his video game systems. Second time, I was 18 and someone broke in while I was in the house. So the guy tried to rob me at gunpoint. If I hadn't been on the phone with the police when he came in....who knows what might have happened.

How were you on the phone with the police when they came in, did you hear something funny and then call? What happened to the guy who held you up?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:35 am

I don't think anybody's that dumb, there's ALWAYS someone here and everybody knows it.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Yep, twice. Once when I was about sixteen....someone broke into our house and stole all of my CD's and my brother's video games and his video game systems.

Same thing happened to me once. Someone broke in while no one was home, and stole my stereo, a number of my CDs and the VCR (but left the TV.) It's like being raped.

Second time, I was 18 and someone broke in while I was in the house. So the guy tried to rob me at gunpoint. If I hadn't been on the phone with the police when he came in....who knows what might have happened.

What happened to the guy? Did he make off with any of your stuff, or did the Popo's get there in time?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:58 pm

This is what happened:
    I was at home early from class that day and I decided to take a nap. Shortly after, I was awakened by someone banging on my front door. Tired, I decided to ignore it. Then that person started kicking my front door. Where my bedroom was situated, the living room was right next to it and so was the front door so I peeked outside of my window and saw the guy trying to kick in my front door. It sounded like a fucking bulldozer trying to come into the house, that's how loud he was. He couldn't get inside because the dead bolt lock was on. So I jumped out of bed and I call the police. I had the cordless phone and I took it into the bathroom with me across the hall. So I'm on the phone with the police to tell them to get over here cause someone is trying to break in the house. The woman on the line was like "do you hear anything outside now and where are you in the house". I told her I didn't hear anything (he had stopped) but I was in the bathroom. I thought he left, but I was dead wrong.....he was in the house and he got in through the side door. That door was locked, but the dead bolt wasn't on so it was easy for him to pick it. I come out of the bathroom to where the cordless phone base was in the living room, look up and I see him coming out of our den. Stared dead into his face. He sees me on the phone and I guess he figured out who I was on the phone with. Snatches the phone, points the gun in my face, grabs me by the hair and puts me into the closet. So I'm in there scared shitless. I hear the phone ringing in the living room and I damn sure wasn't going in there to answer it. I had no idea where this guy was in the house. The only time I had the strength to get out of the closet was when I heard the police knocking and banging on the front door (same front door that the perp tried to kick in and luckily for me, I gave them my address before the guy saw me). Ran to the door, opened it and that was that. He had long been gone. I called my mom at work (she was pregnant with my sister during this time) and she rushed home from work and came there while the police was still there. Guy tore up everything, closets, bedrooms, everything and but didn't take a damn thing. Not one thing. And in my room, I had a few dollars on my dresser and I had new clothes and shoes still in the bags with the tags on them.....didn't take that. Just tore up the damn house. What happened to the guy, I have no idea. The police did a follow up and asked me if I still want to pursue finding out who the person was and I told them I did but that's all I ever heard from them. Honestly, and I'm pretty much 95% right, whoever broke into my house had something to do with my mother's boyfriend at the time. I'm not going to say he was into anything illegal, but he used to be, and he was a VERY well-known guy for having money. So I'm assuming whoever it was was looking for that because they knew his girlfriend lived there. And my mother's boyfriend came home when the police was there too cause my mother called him hysterical when she found out. I do know that about 3 months later, he told me that he hoped I didn't have any complexes about what happened cause he can assure me 'it will never happen again'. I didn't and ironically enough, I got over that incident pretty quick. We got new locks and a security system after that. I'm willing to be whoever did it, street justice was served and I'm honestly cool with that.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:48 am

Nystyle709 wrote:This is what happened:
    I was at home early from class that day and I decided to take a nap. Shortly after, I was awakened by someone banging on my front door. Tired, I decided to ignore it. Then that person started kicking my front door. Where my bedroom was situated, the living room was right next to it and so was the front door so I peeked outside of my window and saw the guy trying to kick in my front door. It sounded like a fucking bulldozer trying to come into the house, that's how loud he was. He couldn't get inside because the dead bolt lock was on. So I jumped out of bed and I call the police. I had the cordless phone and I took it into the bathroom with me across the hall. So I'm on the phone with the police to tell them to get over here cause someone is trying to break in the house. The woman on the line was like "do you hear anything outside now and where are you in the house". I told her I didn't hear anything (he had stopped) but I was in the bathroom. I thought he left, but I was dead wrong.....he was in the house and he got in through the side door. That door was locked, but the dead bolt wasn't on so it was easy for him to pick it. I come out of the bathroom to where the cordless phone base was in the living room, look up and I see him coming out of our den. Stared dead into his face. He sees me on the phone and I guess he figured out who I was on the phone with. Snatches the phone, points the gun in my face, grabs me by the hair and puts me into the closet. So I'm in there scared shitless. I hear the phone ringing in the living room and I damn sure wasn't going in there to answer it. I had no idea where this guy was in the house. The only time I had the strength to get out of the closet was when I heard the police knocking and banging on the front door (same front door that the perp tried to kick in and luckily for me, I gave them my address before the guy saw me). Ran to the door, opened it and that was that. He had long been gone. I called my mom at work (she was pregnant with my sister during this time) and she rushed home from work and came there while the police was still there. Guy tore up everything, closets, bedrooms, everything and but didn't take a damn thing. Not one thing. And in my room, I had a few dollars on my dresser and I had new clothes and shoes still in the bags with the tags on them.....didn't take that. Just tore up the damn house. What happened to the guy, I have no idea. The police did a follow up and asked me if I still want to pursue finding out who the person was and I told them I did but that's all I ever heard from them. Honestly, and I'm pretty much 95% right, whoever broke into my house had something to do with my mother's boyfriend at the time. I'm not going to say he was into anything illegal, but he used to be, and he was a VERY well-known guy for having money. So I'm assuming whoever it was was looking for that because they knew his girlfriend lived there. And my mother's boyfriend came home when the police was there too cause my mother called him hysterical when she found out. I do know that about 3 months later, he told me that he hoped I didn't have any complexes about what happened cause he can assure me 'it will never happen again'. I didn't and ironically enough, I got over that incident pretty quick. We got new locks and a security system after that. I'm willing to be whoever did it, street justice was served and I'm honestly cool with that.

That was incredibly N. Yeah, from the sounds of it the guy didn't break in to rob you, but instead was looking for something specific. What did your mom have to say about this, did she ever get clued in that this intrusion was possibly related to the guy she was seeing?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Chris wrote:

That was incredibly N. Yeah, from the sounds of it the guy didn't break in to rob you, but instead was looking for something specific. What did your mom have to say about this, did she ever get clued in that this intrusion was possibly related to the guy she was seeing?
    Oh yeah, she knows. And frankly, she didn't mention it anymore because I figure her boyfriend told her the exact same thing he told me. Afterwards, we got the locks and the security system and that's about all we could do. Like I said, I don't have any complexes about it but I never let my guard down. I always make sure my doors and windows are locked after I get in the house.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:40 pm

I wish somebody would....
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:25 pm

Marc™ wrote:I wish somebody would....

Careful for what you wish for.

My house has never been broken into but my brothers place was. He heard the noise the robber was making and went to go see. Even though he stopped the robbery and none of his property was stolen, my bro wound up needing stitches because the robber had a knife and sliced his hand before he ran off.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Where'd this thread come from? blank stare @ you

Yeah, I live in a city - been burglarized several times.

First time in Miami was around 1984 and we were in the house. I was into fotografy and had a dresser drawer with several empty 35mm film cannisters. The burglar opened that drawer in our bedroom and I heard the rattle. At first I thot my wife was up and said what are you doing. Then the guy bolted and I knew it was an intruder. He didn't get much, but left a lot of his loot on our kitchen table. Some made sense like the radio but he had a hairbrush and socks & stuff. One of those weirdo, perv burglars. But you really feel violated.

Another time in another apt in Miami the guy came at night and got a lot of stuff without waking us. Got my camera from a closet in the bedroom where we were sleeping. I think burglars get turned on by such actions and we really feel violated that they are there while we sleep.

I can't remember the #of times my apt got hit while I was at work, both in Miami and in New Orleans. You just shrug it off sometimes and be glad you're too poor to own much. Oh, also in San Francisco, but you expected that in the Fillmore in '70.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:22 pm

I've never had my house broken into, just some stuff stolen out of my shed a few years ago. I try to keep my doors locked at night since there have been people running through my back yard a few times (they jumped over the fences trying to get away from someone).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:52 am