CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Supernova
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
10 posters

Has your car ever broken down on the street?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Has your car ever broken down on the street? Empty Has your car ever broken down on the street?

Post by Chris Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:43 am

Have you ever had a car that broke down on you in the middle of the road, or in some inconvenient place?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Has your car ever broken down on the street? Empty Re: Has your car ever broken down on the street?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 am

Yeah. A few cars ago my alternator went on a back road. Cell phones had been invented by then so it wasn't the worst thing that ever happened. Other times I've had cars not start (and not always because a dead battery) but it wasn't on the side of the road.

Last edited by Alan Smithee on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Has your car ever broken down on the street? Empty Re: Has your car ever broken down on the street?

Post by Shale Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:53 am

I've abandoned two cars along the highway. My first '57 Chevy along a country road in Mississippi (traded the pink slip to some guy for a ride to the nearest town with a Greyhound station) My '56 Ford along I-95 between NC and Maryland. Hwy Patrol saw me removing the plate and called a local tow truck to take the pink slip. Hitched back to base. That was when I was young and didn't carry AAA and cell fones did not exist.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Yup!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Nah, can't say that I have.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Yes, ironically enough it broke down right in front of a church, not convenient for the traffic behind me though.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:04 pm

We had one that the wiring burned right on the street in front of a Ford dealership! I saw smoke and was grabbing kids from the back seat as fast as I could. I wasn't embarrassed but I suspect my husband was.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Not quite but I did have a car that STARTED to break down while I was on the road but I was able to pull over to a gas station and there is where it died.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:17 am

I had a car whose gas guage broke and it died right in the middle of Broad street in south philadelphia! Was NOT a good situation... might as well have been time square with the way people acted lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am

Yes once, the computer went in the car and it just stalled right in the middle of the road.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:53 am