CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Cheaps
Tony Marino
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Chris
11 posters

When someone disparages a restaurant you like.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Food When someone disparages a restaurant you like.

Post by Chris Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Have you ever really liked a food place and then later someone tells you something shocking or unflattering about it? For instance, there used to be a local submarine place by my job that I *loved*. Their food was great, I thought, but later a co-worker of mine told me that they heard that this place didn't clean their grills and had health code violations.

Has this ever happened to you? If so, did you stop buying food at said place, or did you continue to go?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Food Re: When someone disparages a restaurant you like.

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I guess. There's a local place that my daughter and her boyfriend like but my wife doesn't care for at all so we don't go there as a group.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm

I would check out the inspections of it at the city website. But if that looked ok I wouldn't stop going just based on what someone said.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Yes it has and yes I stopped. My Sisters are what we call the Restaurant and Food Critics in the family, they rarely have a good thing to say about anywhere they eat so I can't really trust their judgment because I have eaten at places they said sucked and I found the food to be o.k.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Few time yeah, but not often at all.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I have avoided going during a certain waitress' hours because she was a dirty person and I didn't want to risk being in her section. I found out about how she was in her personal life from a friend.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Yes and I stopped going. It wasn't that great anyway.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Yes. There used to be a local pizza place around here that me and my girl used to order from periodically, then one day her man alerts us that they often order day old, rotted vegetables from the delivery company he worked for…simply because it was cheaper than fresh. From that moment on, I never ordered from there again.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri May 04, 2012 1:00 am

I don't pay any attention to such "reports", including actual inspections. There would have to be something particularly gross to change my mind against eating at the establishment, and I think I know why. In the 90's Portland had this posh, expensive restaurant at the top of a tall building, very nice. Right after it closed it was found to be among the filthiest cook stations you could come across. Since then I've never cared about "how clean" a restaurant looks out front because we could still be eating from a nasty cooking environment in back.

With my don't care attitude, I can't say I've been sick from restaurant.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Fri May 04, 2012 1:01 am

Bluesmama wrote:I don't pay any attention to such "reports", including actual inspections. There would have to be something particularly gross to change my mind against eating at the establishment, and I think I know why. In the 90's Portland had this posh, expensive restaurant at the top of a tall building, very nice. Right after it closed it was found to be among the filthiest cook stations you could come across. Since then I've never cared about "how clean" a restaurant looks out front because we could still be eating from a nasty cooking environment in back.

With my don't care attitude, I can't say I've been sick from any restaurant.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 04, 2012 3:06 am

OMG... I have the WORST restaurant story--- true this is OT-- but I gotta tell ya!!

I was in philly and we stopped at a pizza place and got the best cheesesteaks I ever had... we were all talking bout how great the food was and we were going to have to come back!

And just then... a mouse comes running along the windows sill... to the counter and around the cash register with all the workers standing there banginth things doing their jobs... both the mouse and the workers seemed quite comfortable with each other!!!! We dropped our sandwaiches rigth then and left!!! GROSS
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 am

wants2laugh wrote:OMG... I have the WORST restaurant story--- true this is OT-- but I gotta tell ya!!

I was in philly and we stopped at a pizza place and got the best cheesesteaks I ever had... we were all talking bout how great the food was and we were going to have to come back!

And just then... a mouse comes running along the windows sill... to the counter and around the cash register with all the workers standing there banginth things doing their jobs... both the mouse and the workers seemed quite comfortable with each other!!!! We dropped our sandwaiches rigth then and left!!! GROSS

I WOULD HAVE FREAKED!!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 04, 2012 7:56 am

wants2laugh wrote:OMG... I have the WORST restaurant story--- true this is OT-- but I gotta tell ya!!

As long as that place wasn't Pat's.....
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 pm

I was in philly...

Well that was your first mistake! Wink
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Bluesmama Fri May 04, 2012 8:32 pm

That would put even me over the edge.

Well, there was that time in New Orleans when we patronized this dive that's notorious for their fried chicken, and as we ate we kept company with this damn cockroach on the wall that wouldn't leave. Then I looked at the floors and the place didn't appear to have a good cleaning since Katrina. Never went back. We found the chicken too greasy, anyway.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 04, 2012 8:48 pm

OMG How unnatural - a mouse around food!

I have lived with mice in my house. Just secure the food so they can't get to it and consider them as a low-maintenance pet.

I was once in a restaurant on a resort island in Turkey when I heard a clamoring along the wall. There was a RAT that knocked over some decorative metal plates along a shelf. I looked, saw what it was and went back to eating my very delicious meal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:50 am