CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

The Occupy Movement

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Occupy Movement Empty The Occupy Movement

Post by Chris Tue May 15, 2012 2:31 pm

What's your opinion of the Occupy Movement?

The Occupy movement is an international populist, protest movement against social and economic inequality, its primary goal being to make the economic structure and power relations in society fairer. Different local groups have different foci, but among the prime concerns is the claim that large corporations and the global financial system control the world in a way that disproportionately benefits a minority, undermines democracy and is unstable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_movement
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Occupy Movement Empty Re: The Occupy Movement

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm

I don't have one..........yet.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 pm

I attended the first one here in Miami. It is reminiscent of the protest movements from the '60s when the supposed leadership of this country had gone astray.

If the economy does not improve and more of the masses are jobless & homeless, while the rich who have put them in that predicament get richer, expect more such protest movements.

Remember the arrogance of the French aristocracy in the late 18th Century and how much it changed in just one reign of terror. Never underestimate that it could not happen again. Some of us 99% are getting quite fed up with the 1%. And that includes the parasites who inhabit Washington at our expense.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue May 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Shale wrote:

If the economy does not improve and more of the masses are jobless & homeless, while the rich who have put them in that predicament get richer, expect more such protest movements.

Remember the arrogance of the French aristocracy in the late 18th Century and how much it changed in just one reign of terror. Never underestimate that it could not happen again. Some of us 99% are getting quite fed up with the 1%. And that includes the parasites who inhabit Washington at our expense.

co-signs When it first started as Occupy Wall Street, I thought "great idea but people are too apathetic to give a damn & stick with it." The people very pleasantly surprised me.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 15, 2012 6:14 pm

It is what it is.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 am

They are lazy wannabes. Their only relevance comes from the media giving them attention.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 am

i saw the documentary of occupy wall street on current TV---- excellent documentaries called Vangaurd series on that channel. i thought the whole thing was awesome... as a group they were able to feed everyone there, they could turns riding stationary bikes which provided electricity, they voted on anything they were discussing and everyone had the rigth to voice their opinions in a proper organized manner.

i think this is necessary to related to these millionaire politicians who are running this country just how incredibly bad the econoomy is. when it does not effect YOU, you dont see it. If someone like Kerry, Romney, or McCain loses $500,000 in the stock market... it is "well, i will make it back" but if someone living pay check to pay check loses their job and cannot find another---they are out on the street! and the economy is sooooo bad that there are no jobs.

on report said that only 50% of college graduates are finding jobs at ALL... and they are usually minimum wage jobs... when then cannot provide the funds to repay the student loans.

I honestly hope the movement grows and forces govt into action.... only wish i could join them... but my job is too precious right now in this economy to lose it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 pm