CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Shale
Nystyle709
Supernova
wants2laugh
Chris
10 posters

Forcing people out of the neighborhood

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Forcing people out of the neighborhood Empty Forcing people out of the neighborhood

Post by Chris Fri May 18, 2012 1:47 am

If the collective neighborhood deems one neighbor to be a nuisance, do you believe that they have a right to try and force them out? Should there be - in your opinion - a legal course of action to take to make a detrimental neighbor leave?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Forcing people out of the neighborhood Empty Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 am

well... never had that problem in my neighborhood... but we are a very tight knit dead end street of families that have spent decades and lifetimes together... literally.

once we had a town meeting with the mayor where my neighbors wanted to put up a toll gate at the top of the dead end street to keep strangers out! LOL no lie.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Forcing people out of the neighborhood Empty Re: Forcing people out of the neighborhood

Post by Supernova Fri May 18, 2012 2:51 am

That would've come in handy with some of the nightmares we've had occupying the surrounding houses over the years.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 am

No. You didn't buy that house. As long as that neighbor isn't breaking the law....you really can't do.anything..not legally anyway.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

There are exclusive gated communities you can buy into, but even those have to abide by the laws against discrimination.

Having seen 'undesirables' targeted, such as the black family in my white 'burb in the '50s, so NO I do not believe in bigots being able to run someone out of the neighborhood just because they are different in some way.

Having also been targeted in a small 'christian' community when I was living in the woods on my dads place in East Mississippi, I know how the self-righteous bigots work as well.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 am

Supernova wrote:That would've come in handy with some of the nightmares we've had occupying the surrounding houses over the years.

LOL yeah but they way you've described things sometimes I wonder if it isn't your neighbors having a meeting about you? Wink To answer the question, no. You have the right to try and make them comply with local ordinances, etc. and maybe you can take legal action in extreme cases but just because you don't like their looks or politics or religion? No way.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 am

Unless they're breaking the law we just have to deal with them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Unless they are doing damage or harming someone in someway then I say no.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 pm

When we had total shit neighbors here, it was a black woman with her sons. Well, first off all, these tight asses around here were all afraid from the word go that this family moved in. That pissed me off so bad. I had countless people approach me about how to get my landlord to get rid of them.

But eventually, her idiot sons gave everyone a right to not like them. It wasn't right for people to expect bad behavior because of their color. But then it really sucked when the boys were total jerks and breaking into shit.

Stupid teenage behavior knows no color, and these teens were stupid and reckless and it sucked because I wonder if part of it was, "Well they expect us to do it anyway..."

I think, had they ended up staying, things would have gotten ugly. They were here for a year and once they started to behave badly, people were really gunning for them.

ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Usually I'm the one getting forced out; I don't conform to suburbia. Since moving back to NO, then going to the sticks, I had much better luck with my neighbors

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:49 pm