CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Bluesmama
wants2laugh
7 posters

Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion!

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion! Empty Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion!

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:02 am

My first reaction to this story was: 25yrs old, pregnant for third time, and NEEDING this job... she needs a lesson in birth control!!!!

NEW YORK -- A New York woman claims she faced a chilling choice between her unborn baby and her job when her boss discovered that she was pregnant with her third child, according to a federal lawsuit.

Catherine Rizzo, 25, claims there was no way to misinterpret her supervisor's ultimatum at Cooky's Deli in Bohemia, N.Y., in May.

"The owner's daughter pulled me in the office and basically told me if I didn't have an abortion, I wasn't going to have a job," Rizzo told the New York Post. "It was very, very clear."

She added, "I have two other kids I have to take care of, and I needed my job."

Cooky's Deli owner Martin Marsilio, 69, vehemently denied the allegation, calling it "a total lie."

The struggling single mom said she was barely getting by on the $400 to $500 a week she earned at the deli counter -- and knew she could not afford to lose her job.

"As a direct result of this serious threat, approximately one week later, [I] was forced to terminate [my] pregnancy," Rizzo charged in a lawsuit filed Dec. 19 in Brooklyn federal court. She is seeking unspecified damages.

The unthinkable choice capped months of harassment, Rizzo claims. A co-worker regularly cursed at her, pushed her and told her that she was "a lowlife and a bad mother," the Long Island woman claimed in her lawsuit.

Despite the abortion, she was abruptly fired in August, she said.

Her former boss claimed Rizzo was canned for being chronically late and that she never complained about harassment.

The abortion claim is nothing more than "fiction," Marsilio said.

"We have had many female employees here that have gotten pregnant, had their children, took time off and came back to work," he insisted.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/01/new-york-woman-sues-boss-claiming-pressured-her-into-having-abortion/#ixzz1iTEdJKBz
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion! Empty Re: Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion!

Post by Bluesmama Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:06 am

I smell a rat and it's HER. If she needed that job to support two kids then how was she going to support three???
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion! Empty Re: Woman sues boss for forcing her to have an abortion!

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 am

exactly... she is bs'ing just to make some money
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:59 am

Also, of course this is always where it's a slippery slope because there often ISN'T evidence but if there was SOME proof or something that could actually suggest he DID tell her to get an abortion for the job, that would help, that is a new one on me and I thought I'd heard everything crazy.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:17 am

Yeah, that story sounds fishy. I don't see how ANY man can make you get an abortion, esp one that didn't impregnate you.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:32 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Yeah, that story sounds fishy. I don't see how ANY man can make you get an abortion, esp one that didn't impregnate you.

Unless we aren't getting the full story, and she's been shacking up with her boss and it was his baby, hence his involvement in the abortion-decision. . .
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:40 am

Yeah, I think there is way more to this story. I think there is some truth to it. It seems like a lot to just make up.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:51 am

tmontyb wrote:Yeah, I think there is way more to this story. I think there is some truth to it. It seems like a lot to just make up.

I agree. Maybe she was not actually pressured into the abortion, but she was probably missing work so much due to the first two kids it was suggested she not add a third.

The whole thing is fishy but shit happens and she couldn't have been too worried about keeping her job if she got pregnant a third time after already having a track record of missing work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:51 am