CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

This just blows my mind

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Rant This just blows my mind

Post by Supernova Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

In the way of things that I just don't get, here's one and sorry but it's a long rant. I am currently in an ongoing 'debate' with several people on Youtube regarding videos on Bonnie and Clyde...I should've been a lawyer, I love arguing and saying 'well just because of so and so that doesn't mean that this so and so'. I'm sorry, 14 deaths, 12 actually since 2 MOs don't match that of the Barrow gang, and another 2 were of prisoners, one who raped Clyde and several other smaller inmates, and the other was a sort of honorary guard who helped brutalize other prisoners...you know what, NOBODY is losing sleep over their deaths and I doubt they were 80 years ago either, so that takes the body count down to 10 really for count. So for a gang of people, which I guess ranged from 4-6 people, over a course of TWO YEARS, to only kill 10 people, and of these 10 none of them were even premeditated and one of them was an accident, you know what, I'm not seeing these guys as Satan's personal poker buddies. For a GANG of people to only kill 10 people over a course of two years is pretty pathetic for a body count, that comes to less than 1 person every 2 months.

But for some reason, everybody disagrees with me which is NOT unusual, but for this being 80 years ago and everybody who was involved with it is dead and a lot of them have been dead for many years now, there are some people in the world who STILL act like Bonnie and Clyde were the most cold blooded people who ever lived. But because I don't see it that way, they must be my heroes or something. Despite legend and song, WHO ever said these people were heroes? Heroes are usually the kinds of people you aspire to be like, but you never hear anybody say anybody should be like Bonnie and Clyde. Also, I wouldn't wish their lives on anybody, not simply because they were outlaws who robbed stores and banks and killed people, but they each paid their own price for their actions long before they were blown into Swiss cheese. Let us not forget when the posse unloaded 130 rounds on these two people, Bonnie was crippled to the point she couldn't even walk anymore, Clyde had to carry her, and he had to bust into drugstores and steal morphine pills to keep her doped up all the time, because when you've got legs burnt so bad your bones are poking through your skin, you are GOING to be in massive pain.

Were they evil? Possibly. Was Clyde evil? He was definitely the closest of the two. Is there an excuse for what they did? The murders it's easy to say hell no on, but the robberies...given the time era and what was going on at that time, I really don't know what I would do in the name of survival during the Depression and the Dustbowl when there are no jobs, no money, and for a lot of people no food or homes either. It's very easy to look at these people who lived so long ago and condemn them for what they did at that time and the choices they made with our modern view on what's right and wrong, but can any of us really say what we would've done in that lifetime? No we can't because that was an entirely different world, with different rules, and we can only think in terms of what we do now in this world with our modern view of things.

They were not heroes and they shouldn't be romanticized into a crime spree Romeo and Juliet or whatever, but at the same time I can think of a lot worse people in the world who killed a whole lot more people with a whole lot more premeditation and a lot less motive for doing it. It's one thing to look at Hitler, and the Holocaust and not let go of it even though it was over 70 years ago, because not much has changed from that, there is always the talk and the paranoia about the Supreme Race trying to come to power again, and there are plenty of white pride nuts in the world that could probably try it, but do you see anybody trying to go on a crime spree today like Bonnie and Clyde did? No you don't, and why? Because it wouldn't work today, so on that one I say let all the dead involved rest in peace and quit acting like they're worse than Saddam Hussein. Seriously, HOW do people think like that?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rant Re: This just blows my mind

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Maybe the whole fascination with them has to do with the fact it was so long ago, yet people know a lot about it. They are romanticized in history and even though they pale in comparison to modern day criminals, they were pretty bad ass. And not in the good way.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I do think it says something that still today people know so much about them and there are those that read all the books and watch all the documentaries and put flowers on the graves, when back in the 1930s it was because people were bored with their lives during the Depression that they read about the crime sprees for entertainment, and today there are a lot more options if you're looking to be entertained.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 22, 2012 8:45 pm

But there is a lot to be said about the historic value to the story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:48 pm