CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
CeCe
Minerva
Hyacinth Girl
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
Supernova
Cheaps
Bluesmama
Suzi
RedBedroom
15 posters

On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator? Empty On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator?

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 12:55 am

OH, man, Chris is bitching at me all the time....

LOL, just kidding of course!!!

But seriously, on another forum, has a moderator ever scolded you for something?

I have seen some stupid shit, but the only one directly involving me is when I suggested an exchange of workout mixes via c.d. Yeah, it is illegal so I get why it wasn't allowed. But the lady was a bitch about it.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator? Empty Re: On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator?

Post by Suzi Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 am

On board I belonged to had a very nice owner, but he allowed his daughter to moderate. she is a seriously flawed person and the day she informed everyone they should be grateful to her for her work on the board was the day I said no thanks and left. Later one of the members asked if I was coming back, I said I wasn't grateful enough to the owners daughter yet.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator? Empty Re: On any site, have you ever been scolded by a forum moderator?

Post by Bluesmama Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 am

Nope. I've had a couple of posts deleted, though.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Fri May 25, 2012 1:27 am

An other board I belonged to the owner actually changed a word I said. I had called some pervert in the news a bastard. The owner of the board changed the word to rascal, rascal didn't cut it for me. I told him to eliminate my name from the membership list. I was banned and thankful since I didn't want my name left on that board.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 25, 2012 1:39 am

Nope. I only belong to 2 other forums. Both Janet forums. I haven't been active in one in like over a year, maybe 2. The other, I'm cool.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 am

Yes. pissed
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 25, 2012 1:44 am

well.. mine involved more than just the board. I belonged to a dalmatian rescue group. and i had taken a dog who was housed in a boarding kennel for 7 months. why this particular dog was not placed in a home, i dont know.. just assumed there was not enough room for placement. I had the dog for 4mos... and she had some severe problems. besides her behavior/social problems... she was suffering from what the vet said was colitis, and it seemed to act up during period of seperation, new people, and stress.

After 4mos of really trying to help her, i was getting very impatient---and the holiday season was coming up, meaning that i had to start working 60hrs a wk--- i was promised the dog would be placed before Columbus day (the start of our holidays). she wasnt... i finally took the dog back to the president/forum moderator.

Three days later she posted that the dog was put down. she never told me. and said how "cruel" it was to let the dog live any longer. I was FURIOUS-- it was cruel to let her live? then it was even MORE cruel to let her live over the past year between my home and the boarding kennel. The woman neglected to tell everyone that i begged for help with this dog and that my insomnia was sooo bad trying to deal with her. there was soo mcuh involved---- so i waited an lurked on the board in silence... until i just couldnt take it anymore from the freakin bunch of hypocrites!!!

"Oh praise be, LeeAnn is off in heaven over the rainbow bridge with our other rescues"... freakin bitch! I went OFF!! on like a 10min rant!! but because the group was only connected thru the board and we did not know each other, no one knew the full story of how this woman did not want to help the dog---she just wanted to figure out a way for ME to KEEP the dog. once she had the dog, she killed her.

Needless to say... i was dismissed and blocked! LOL fuck them... then i gave all of the fundraising money i collected to another dalmatian rescue! LOL
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Supernova wrote:Yes. pissed

poor baby... what did those mean people do to u? face palm
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 1:49 am

Yeah, I don't think all rescues are on the up and up. I posted on here a long while ago about volunteering for a pug rescue. That whole situation got messed up and I don't think the chapter in my city was fully legit.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 25, 2012 2:04 am

Chris has probably been tempted to.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 25, 2012 2:23 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Chris has probably been tempted to.

well... u and I (mostly me) can be somewhat rique ROFLMAO! at times... and who knows if someone would be offended.... but for the most part... i had toned down myself long enough to get to know all of you before i let my true colors out Wow!

so if i have indeed offended anyone... sorry in a way...

in another way: TAKE A FREAKIN JOKE! fuck off! let them hoes fight! go play in traffic!

RED - I loved the dogs... but people are people... and control freaks are control freaks. What bothered me the most when i first joined was that i ASKED to adopt 2 puppies, with no intention of joining... and they talked me into fostering 2 adults who were raised in a kennel and needed housebreaking/training. they were great all went well.. and i was told when the puppies were available i would get two. then the litter was "promised" to others and they gave me this crazy sick dog. sad
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 2:29 am

Oh, the dog sitch, so sad. Ugh.

You don't offend me...You know that. Two hours on the phone last week and I didn't hang up once!!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 25, 2012 3:01 am

bear hug kiss laughing LMAO! love you

NY didnt hang up either!!! but that was her crazy mood night! lol
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 25, 2012 3:04 am

LOL...
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 am

Nope. And Chris will never scold me. He's known me longer than most of you. Razz
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri May 25, 2012 9:48 am

I got into a huge online pissing match with a moderator and a couple of other non-mod assholes over at NIN.com, who were making life miserable for everyone in the forums, and that was my reason for coming here--to get away from the jerks. Myself and another longtime member and dear friend of mine, both left the site, and since then, the troll-mod has since been relieved of his mod status, and the other couple of dinks have left on their own.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri May 25, 2012 5:37 pm

How timely is this! I just tried to log onto a very large website that has multiple message boards to which I have been posting since 2005 only to discover I was suspended.

It seems I was "personally attacking" someone. Well, I call it retaliation. Mind you, they allowed this guy to use three aliases when only one is allowed and let him heap abuse regarding the other people on the board for quite some time.

Yeah, I wasn't nice but I wasn't all that bad to warrant being banned. In fact, I made sure there was humor in my replies to show I wasn't taking his attacks on me seriously.

Believe me I was not alone in my responses. Others, a couple of whom have also been members for a long time were right there with me.

I have gotten lots and lots of postive feedback over the years. I think I have been a good contributor. I apologized if I had been out of line in reply to their notice of my banishment but also mentioned that it was not very fair for them to give me no warning first. That stinks.

I don't know for how long I am banished. But I am not sure once the banishment is over that I will be back. Heck, I am 66 years old and I don't have to take that kind of crap.

Sorry for the rant. I am just in pissy mood from all of this. pissed
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Minerva wrote:How timely is this! I just tried to log onto a very large website that has multiple message boards to which I have been posting since 2005 only to discover I was suspended.

Sometimes you're better off just using the ignore feature. My list is absurdly long for one site. Some people only register to cause trouble.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by Minerva Fri May 25, 2012 6:15 pm

CeCe wrote:

Sometimes you're better off just using the ignore feature. My list is absurdly long for one site. Some people only register to cause trouble.

Yeah and I usually do just ignore them. I don't know what it was about this guy that riled me and so many others. I kind of took it as a joke because the Mod kept the threads going on and on. And he tried to hijack several others.

But I called that one wrong. I am willing to accept the blame for that but I still wish she had given me some warning instead of instant banishment.

I will take your lead and start using the ignore button if I go back there. She didn't tell me when the banishment would be lifted but she did tell me it was temporary.

Now my spotless record has been besmirched. I am shamed! blushing

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri May 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Minerva wrote:
    Now my spotless record has been besmirched. I am shamed! blushing

You should do what I do & wear it like a badge of honor Wink big hugz
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by Minerva Fri May 25, 2012 6:44 pm

CeCe wrote:

You should do what I do & wear it like a badge of honor Wink big hugz

Thank you I will. Maybe a special mention since she gave me two demerits for two posts in the same thread. I have been told by my sources that this is very unusual. And I didn't even swear!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Minerva wrote: ...I don't know for how long I am banished. But I am not sure once the banishment is over that I will be back. Heck, I am 66 years old and I don't have to take that kind of crap.

Sorry for the rant. I am just in pissy mood from all of this. pissed
    I wouldn't go back.

I evaluate whether a site to which I contribute gives me a true feeling of community and that includes the Webmaster. If he allows someone else to get away with abuse, yet bans another for retaliating in like then it is not a level playing field and one that I would not participate.

I was on such a site, the Webmaster was actually local to Miami area. He recruited or allowed this abrasive person from one of those dreadful sites to which I would not even join. He was right-wing and and rude. Got away with personally directed posts like 'eat shit and die.'

I gave one final departing post and changed my av pic to a flying butterfly and flew. I had been there from 2005-08 and had done about 3K posts. Some of my friends there razzed his ass for a while after I left, but the site is now dead. Those friends I still have on Facebook and e-mail.

That is the fate of moderators who do not moderate with fairness - their site either becomes one of those obnoxious hells that normal ppl avoid or it just goes away.

BTW, ignore features can really work. I have a couple here and my visits are so much more pleasant without engaging rude or obtuse ppl.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Fri May 25, 2012 8:50 pm

If I were given a time out on a board I wouldn't go back either, and if a moderator changes what I said to suit him or herself I would delete my account and leave. Unfortunately the board where it happened didn't have a delete account button.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 pm

I never got banned from anywhere I ever missed Shrugs (Oh well…)
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 25, 2012 10:21 pm

i dont think that i would be offended if i was told "hey this discussion is getting kinda heated... think we can tone things down or end this dicussion" type of thing. i can get a little "naughty" and a lot verbose... i know that.

but here we have a great group of people! and I love you all Group Hug!

we do have some heated topics, and for the most part i think that everyone feels very strongly about certain subjects and no amount of discussion will change anyone's mind. however, keeping the discussion going I believe leads to and understanding, tolerance, and respect for other's opinions.

For example, im gonna pick on shale now... cause he wont care anyway--- no one is going to convince shale to swear off nudity and sex to join a monastery.... and shale wont convince the poster to become a bisexual nudist. but listening to shale will explain and reveal to the person that nudism isnt all about sex... and that bisexuals or nudist does not equate to devil worship! LOL

But im really here just to laugh and have a great time-- and i gotta tell ya--- some of you have me laughing sooooo freaking hard at times when i really really need it.

So thank you all!!!! Group Hug! love you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:18 pm