CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Shale
CeCe
Tony Marino
9 posters

People liking the same gender

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

People liking the same gender Empty People liking the same gender

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Why do people have such a problem with others liking the same gender? I know some people may be religious and see it as wrong but I don't think that it should personally or physically affect them. They do not have anything to do with how other people feel or how other people act. What others do is there decision and I think that people shouldn't put down how others feel about things. We all have opinions and I think if people have a problem with it then they should keep it to themselves. What do you think?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

People liking the same gender Empty Re: People liking the same gender

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Everyone would be a lot better off if people just minded their own damn business & stopped interfering in the lives of other people. There isn't one single gay marriage or relationship that is going to destroy anything. If people don't like it, fine. Butt the hell out of their business then. I don't like brussels sprouts but I'm not trying to get any laws passed to get them banned. Eat up. Enjoy. It isn't my concern & doesn't affect me. It really is a simple process.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Preaching to the choir here Tony. IDK why religious fanatics are so fucked up.

CeCe wrote:... I don't like brussels sprouts but I'm not trying to get any laws passed to get them banned. Eat up. Enjoy. It isn't my concern & doesn't affect me. It really is a simple process.

I love Brussel Sprouts, but if I ate them and later was anywhere near you, it would affect you and would be your concern. evil grin
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Shale wrote:Preaching to the choir here Tony. IDK why religious fanatics are so fucked up.

I love Brussel Sprouts, but if I ate them and later was anywhere near you, it would affect you and would be your concern. evil grin

Well yeah...there is that ROFLMAO!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:22 pm

CeCe wrote:Everyone would be a lot better off if people just minded their own damn business & stopped interfering in the lives of other people. There isn't one single gay marriage or relationship that is going to destroy anything. If people don't like it, fine. Butt the hell out of their business then. I don't like brussels sprouts but I'm not trying to get any laws passed to get them banned. Eat up. Enjoy. It isn't my concern & doesn't affect me. It really is a simple process.

LOL, the brussels sprouts reminded me of this scene
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Well, I've always liked men on a personal level better than women, but religion hasn't a thing to do with it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Bluesmama wrote:Well, I've always liked men on a personal level better than women, but religion hasn't a thing to do with it.

Yup, for the most part. As far as being sexually attracted to another female...bleh. I could never.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:32 pm

It is ridiculous people go so far as to spew hate toward those not conforming to male/female relationships because they are gay. I don't know if even my great grandchildren will live in a world where a vast majority finally accepts and believes that homosexuality is not a choice.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 am

I guess I read this question differently from everyone else. I didn't interpret it as necessarily a gay thing, largely because it states "likes the same gender" (as opposed to being attracted to the same gender) and maybe that's why I thought 'religious' seemed completely questionable.

Ah, but I've seen the catty, intolerant side of the gay world, too! Long ago when I had gay male friends I was always shocked at the biased criticisms they made about lesbians. I mean. . . WTH??? But, that was then, and hopefully better tolerance has developed.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:51 am

Bluesmama wrote:...Ah, but I've seen the catty, intolerant side of the gay world, too! Long ago when I had gay male friends I was always shocked at the biased criticisms they made about lesbians. I mean. . . WTH??? But, that was then, and hopefully better tolerance has developed.

Oh, you saw the dirty little secret. blank stare @ you

Gay men and Lesbians don't necessarily get along. I've seen this in the early days of the AIDS epidemic when many support places were gay oriented and tho Lesbians were not at risk like gay men, they worked in those places, often in administration. And as soon as they left the room the tuna jokes started with the gay men. It's actually a guy thing - str8 men do the same.

As Camille Paglia said;

"Gay men and straight men have much more in common than do gay men with lesbians or straight men with straight women."

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:50 am

shale... since you are so educated and wise on such subjects, i was wondering if u know of a documentary i can't find. It was on history channel or a&e or something some years ago. I saw it while i was half asleep and would really like to see it again. It was about the gay civil rights movement... and it discussed exactly this--- gay men were seperated from the women. Even white lesbians were seperated from ethnic women. It discussed the formations of various groups such as "salsa sisters" consisting of hispanic and black lesbians who felt ostracized from the white lesbians. Would love to find it if you know what im talking about! THANKS!

As far as homosexuality... my feelings.. "if u dont like homosexuals, dont fuck one" big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 am

wants2laugh wrote:shale... since you are so educated and wise on such subjects, i was wondering if u know of a documentary i can't find. ...

No, not familiar with that documentary, but what you describe is a reality. Sorta makes you think that homosexual ppl can have all the petty prejudices that heterosexual ppl have. That would be so ... so NORMAL!

I have met gay white men who would not do a black man. I personally have had conflict because I identify as bisexual and many gay men don't 'believe' you can be bisexual. While it is drama and not a researched documentary, Chasing Amy probably accurately shows that underbelly of gay prejudice among lesbians and str8 men to a bisexual woman. (Ben Affleck plays such an asswipe in that movie.)
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 pm

I think people just hate what they dont know personally or are not used to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:44 pm