CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
MandyPerfumeGirl
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Shale
CeCe
Chris
11 posters

What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority? Empty What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority?

Post by Chris Tue May 24, 2011 7:10 am

Ignoring anyone you may know personally (and thus your having gotten to know them beyond the facade), what is your general opinion of/reaction to men who behave in an effeminate manner, and women who come off as being 'butch?' Are you more or less comfortable around them, or does it not matter?

If you had a child whose personality went against the image of their gender, would you accept that it was who they were, or encourage them to fall more in line with gender expectation?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority? Empty Re: What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority?

Post by CeCe Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 am

If that's who they are, that's who they should be. It doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. And yes I would accept my child without question. It's unfair & cruel to force "rules" of society or religion (where many of them are based) on someone.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority? Empty Re: What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority?

Post by Shale Tue May 24, 2011 9:02 am

My opinion of ppl who defy conformity?

RIGHT ON!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:28 am

More power to them. cheers
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 am

Depends on what exactly they are doing and why.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue May 24, 2011 10:45 am

I may momentarily raise an eyebrow to it, but I ultimately don't care.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 24, 2011 11:46 am

I like people who defy any kind of conformity. Whether you're a boyish girl or a girlish boy, people should just be who they are, and if other people don't like it, tough shit.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am

It is what it is, living here I have been exposed to many different types of people and it doesn't bother me at all. There are certain things I might not understand but I believe in live and let live.

If I had a child that was effeminate or Butch so be it, it was obviously meant to be.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 24, 2011 1:45 pm

I wouldn't be put off by anyone's gender identification and if my daughter had acted butch, so be it. I think trying to change someone like that is like the nun's rapping on left hand knuckles with rulers.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 24, 2011 2:32 pm

CeCe wrote:If that's who they are, that's who they should be. It doesn't make me uncomfortable at all. And yes I would accept my child without question. It's unfair & cruel to force "rules" of society or religion (where many of them are based) on someone.
    co-signs
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Marc™ wrote:I may momentarily raise an eyebrow to it, but I ultimately don't care.

What's your reaction to people who defy gender comfority? 35166

And yeah, I'd love my child either way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:32 pm