CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Cheaps
CeCe
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
8 posters

Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off Empty Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:03 pm

face palm bitch-slapped

A 19-year-old Arizona mother who police say left her 5-week-old baby strapped in a car seat atop her car roof and drove off is under arrest on child abuse and aggravated DUI charges, Phoenix-area media reported Saturday.

The child, found in the middle of the road, was "perfectly OK," said Officer James Holmes, Phoenix police spokesman, told The Arizona Republic.

The car seat was damaged, Holmes told TV station KTVK.

The baby is in the custody of Arizona Child Protective Services, officials said.

At about 1 a.m. Saturday, police got calls from the area near North 45th Avenue and West Cholla Street in northwest Phoenix that a baby was in a car seat in the middle of a road, The Arizona Republic reported.

Phoenix Fire Department officials found the baby and took him to a local hospital, officials said.

Holmes told reporters that the mother, Catalina Clouser, had apparently been smoking marijuana late Friday night at a nearby park with her boyfriend.

About 11 p.m. they left the park to buy some beer, and the boyfriend was arrested on aggravated DUI charges while on the way, Holmes told The Republic.

An upset Clouser then reportedly went to a friend's house, where police say she admitted smoking more marijuana, Holmes said. Clouser left the house with the baby asleep in the car seat about midnight, he said.

Before driving away, Clouser apparently forgot that she had left her child sitting on the roof of her car, Holmes said.

Clouser realized the baby was missing when she reached home, and started calling friends to look for him and retrace her route, KTVK reported.

The friends ran into the officers investigating the found the baby, and when Clouser arrived, she was arrested, KTVK reported.
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/02/12027829-police-mom-arrested-after-leaving-baby-on-car-roof-and-driving-off?lite

Maybe it's just something about Arizona Shrugs (Oh well…)

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off Empty Re: Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm

OH, MY! That is terrible. Who the fuck leaves a baby on a car? Sure, she was intoxicated, but why put the baby up there to begin with? One would think she would just set the carrier on the ground.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off Empty Re: Police: Mom arrested after leaving baby on car roof and driving off

Post by CeCe Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm

That's horrible! Glad the baby is ok.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:19 pm

WOW!!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:26 pm

You live in Arizona, don't you Cheaps?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:28 pm

^^Yup
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Cheaps, I did not know you lived in Arizona. That's cool. My stepdaughter, who I thought would NEVER leave this state, is considering Arizona. That makes me so sad. She's been there a lot and she loves it there. But she is currently watching teaching job listings for there.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 am

Cheaps wrote:^^Yup

So do you know her? Wink
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:11 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

So do you know her? Wink

laughing NO
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:45 am

LOL.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:49 am

RedBedroom wrote:OH, MY! That is terrible. Who the fuck leaves a baby on a car? Sure, she was intoxicated, but why put the baby up there to begin with? One would think she would just set the carrier on the ground.
    She put it there because she was dumber than a bag full of hammers!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:53 am

ok wait a minute people... i have to say that could possibly have been me!! lol My mother left everything on top of the car!

once we were returning from a restaurant, with my mom my 3 teenaged sisters, and me and my bro (about 4&5). There was a car full of boys next to us at a light, and they were laughing and making googly eyes with my sisters--- who of course were all arguing over who the guys were looking at. At the next stop light, my mom hit the brakes harder than before.. and the doggie back she left on the roof slid down and steak and gravy were smeared all over the windshield. She has also left coffee, her purse, a bike tire, and folders on top of the car--- and that is just what i remember!!! lol

seriously tho--- the baby thing is fucked up!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:35 am

RedBedroom wrote:OH, MY! That is terrible. Who the fuck leaves a baby on a car? Sure, she was intoxicated, but why put the baby up there to begin with? One would think she would just set the carrier on the ground.

The scary part is this has happened several times before over the years. And the mothers in question aren't always drunk, so I don't get how the hell you can forget that you left your baby on top of the car.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:25 am