CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned

Post by Chris Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2097113/Parents-sue-year-olds-touched-kissed-teacher-classroom-FOUR-months.html

Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 2:42 PM on 6th February 2012

Parents of two pupils are suing New York City after they claim five-year-olds in a kindergarten class took their clothes off and 'kissed and touched each other intimately' under their desks while the teacher was in the classroom.

The activity is said to have taken place at the elementary school in Amsterdam Avenue, Washington Heights, for four months without parents being informed.

Four to seven children were said to have been showing their body parts to each other and kissing and touching as the teacher had her back turned.

Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned Article-2097113-119BB3A5000005DC-81_468x293
    Incident: Five-year-old pupils at a school in Washington Heights, New York, had been taking off their clothes and touching each other while a teacher was in the classroom, according to parents

One mother told the New York Post: 'They were exposing themselves and showing their body parts to each other. From what I understand, they were kissing and touching.

'They were trying to say that my daughter was inviting these children to do this to her.

'They [the school] explained the teacher had her back to the children, that it wasn't that long. She must have had her back turned for a very long time for them to do the things that they did.'

The woman has since removed her daughter and transferred her to another school in New Jersey, the Post reported.

Last week, she and the mother of a boy in the class filed notices of claim against the city each seeking $5million in damages. Notices of claim are required before a lawsuit can be filed.

The notices allege the activity by four to seven children took place from September until January.

The mother of the boy reported it to the school after hearing about what was taking place in October.

A report of the complaint was made by the school on December 21, but it did not notify the NYPD or school superintendent and informed parents of other children on January 3, several months after the alleged activity began.

Principal Theresa Luger and the DOE declined to comment.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

News Re: Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm

The kids must've been playing Doctors Convention.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

News Re: Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Supernova wrote:The kids must've been playing Doctors Convention.

"Turn your head and cough."

I guess it's kind of refreshing that the teacher isn't the one being accused.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

LOL. This country is way too lawsuit happy. When I was in the second grade.....me and another.kid in my class used to draw pictures of tits and penises. He got caught one day...I didn't. Al he got was a phone call to is house, and maybe a spanking from his mother.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:33 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL. This country is way too lawsuit happy. When I was in the second grade.....me and another.kid in my class used to draw pictures of tits and penises. He got caught one day...I didn't. Al he got was a phone call to is house, and maybe a spanking from his mother.

I remember drawing those on the restroom walls when I was in grade school. Parents sue after kindergarten children regularly touched and kissed while their teacher's back was turned 415131758
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Well, y'know, it used to be considered totally natural and normal for children to get curious about stuff like this (believe it or not, a few things were actually more lax then).

However, not in a classroom. But I also know how kids do things when the teacher's back is turned (I did more than my share of faces and gestures when the teacher wasn't looking). And the teacher cannot write on the whiteboard and face the class at the same time.

It's just an unfortunate situation of mischievious little kids, and should be easily handled by their parents.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Ridiculous lawsuit. Yet, I do suspect the teacher was lax in keeping a keen eye on what was going on.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:12 pm

I have to wonder what the hell the teacher was doing if this went on "regularly" but I don't see this being lawsuit worthy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:23 pm