CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Nystyle709
Shale
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Minerva
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
Supernova
AtownPeep
Bluesmama
femme fatale
15 posters

Accidentally leaving your door open all night

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Accidentally leaving your door open all night Empty Accidentally leaving your door open all night

Post by femme fatale Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:10 am

I did that a few times when I was a kid. One time I woke up in the morning after having left the hard back door open all night and my father was like "somebody could have came in and slit all our throats." Have you ever accidentally left one of the doors to your house wide open all night?
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Accidentally leaving your door open all night Empty Re: Accidentally leaving your door open all night

Post by Bluesmama Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:13 am

I occasionally forget to latch the sliding back door and get very angry with myself. With home invasions on the rise it is a very stupid oversight.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Accidentally leaving your door open all night Empty Re: Accidentally leaving your door open all night

Post by AtownPeep Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:14 am

Nah I'm from ATL, we lock our doors around here.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am

Once I think but it usually doesn't happen because we all check the locks before going to bed. Though you have to wonder if somebody were REALLY intent on coming in to kill you, would they let something like a locked door stop them?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am

Nah...when Jay and I have been on a fight, he know how to make me mad/crazy. That's to leave the door open. NO way. I despise it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 am

wow... i have had my windows and sliding glass door open for 3 days! Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 am

wants2laugh wrote:wow... i have had my windows and sliding glass door open for 3 days! Accidentally leaving your door open all night 2517814472

You crazy woman! The boogieman will come in to get'cha, and he likely won't look like Johnny Depp. It'll be some toothless old hound with crater skin and greasy hair. Lock those doors!
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 am

I get a really creepy feeling if I accidentally leave the door unlocked overnight and discover it in the morning. But I have never left a door wide open.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:00 am

Bluesmama wrote:

You crazy woman! The boogieman will come in to get'cha, and he likely won't look like Johnny Depp. It'll be some toothless old hound with crater skin and greasy hair. Lock those doors!

Nah. She lives in south Jersey so it will most likely be the Jersey Devil. evil grin
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am

Accidentally leaving your door open all night Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuygaWMgtaPXHXCn_3H-taiNYlDEA0H65Kz9PwVjoeDgOVlm0vdA

Well i grew up on a dead end street with people who all protected each other... so we never locked our windows/doors out of fear. I still live in the same town a few streets over... there is crime here... but not the home invasion stuff.. usually someone breaking into cars. My lack of fear might also have to do with the fact that I am up all night, and sleep during the day... my old people neighbors are outside during my sleep hours and would notice some wacko walking around LOL
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 am

Yes I did once I left the front door open. The storm door was locked but the big door was wide open all night into the morning.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 am

Minerva wrote:I get a really creepy feeling if I accidentally leave the door unlocked overnight and discover it in the morning. But I have never left a door wide open.

co-signs

Yeah, that happens to me if I get distracted coming into the apartment and break my routine of locking the door behind me, then forgetting it. No one ever tries door knobs around here and our apt complex is pretty quiet, with a security gate to get in, so no big deal. Still don't like discovering it.

And, on very few occasions I have left the keys hanging in the lock outside. Once a neighbor knocked and told me, as I have done when seeing the same in other apartment doors. Just one of those routine things that get forgotten, like leaving stuff on top of your car then driving off (like a baby seat).
    blank stare @ you
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 pm

AtownPeep wrote:Nah I'm from ATL, we lock our doors around here.

co-signs

We do that in NYC too. However, I do live in a decent neighborhood, so I won't freak out if I realize the next day that I left my door unlocked, but trust...it doesn't happen.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:35 pm

AtownPeep wrote:Nah I'm from ATL, we lock our doors around here.

Nystyle709 wrote: co-signs

We do that in NYC too. However, I do live in a decent neighborhood, so I won't freak out if I realize the next day that I left my door unlocked, but trust...it doesn't happen.

Not ATL or NYC but yeah I try to stay on top of that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Never wide open, I believe I may have left door unlocked once or twice.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 am

Perhaps not wide open, but there have been times when the hard door wasn't all the way shut over night. However, as I recall, the screen door was locked.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:35 am

My stupid asshole ex-husband once came home with bags in his hand and left the keys in the door overnight... with both our cars parked right in front
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 am

We have left ours open, but it was not an accident. Mostly we worry about critters and such trying to get in.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 am

any critter or boogey man trying to get in here is either getting shot or gettting his throat slit with a piece of broken glass after i knock him over the head with my coffee table LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:28 am

wants2laugh wrote:wow... i have had my windows and sliding glass door open for 3 days! Shrugs (Oh well…)

What kind of bait did you use for the trap? big grin
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 am

LOL!!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:59 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

What kind of bait did you use for the trap? big grin

Your soooo evil! Razz

LMAO!

hell... bluesmama...if a johnny depp look alike ever did come close to even KNOCKING on my door!! OMG!! be advised you would not hear from me for at least 2 weeks! LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:04 am

wants2laugh wrote:

Your soooo evil! Razz

Moi?!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:01 am