CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Shale
Marc™
7 posters

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop Empty Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop

Post by Marc™ Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop
    BY Meena Hartenstein
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Sunday, April 17th 2011, 7:27 PM

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop Alg_public_suicide
    KTVZ.com
    Kipp Rusty Walker, 19, committed suicide in front of a crowd on Thursday at a coffee shop.

An Oregon teenager shocked a crowd at a coffee shop last week when he stabbed himself to death on stage after singing at an open mic night.

Kipp Rusty Walker, 19, took the stage at Strictly Organic Coffee in the town of Bend, Or. on Thursday to perform a song he called "Sorry for the Mess."

When he finished playing, he pulled out a knife with a double-edged 6 inch blade and stabbed himself multiple times in the chest in front of a confused crowd of roughly 15 people.

"It was really unclear at first what was even happening. Because, you know, it is an open mic and it's a performance," the shop's co-owner Rhonda Ealy told local television station KTVZ. "People at first thought it was some sort of theatre."

Once the crowd saw blood and figured out what was happening, Walker was rushed to St. Charles Medical Center where he died of his wounds.

A friend of his, who did not want to be identified, told Oregon’s NewsChannel 21 Walker's death did not come as much of a surprise because the teenager had contemplated suicide before and even planned to kill himself in a public place.

"I've been preparing for it for a while, I'm sad about it, but I think I'm in shock, it's like a whirlwind of emotions," the friend said. "It was almost like he wanted to prove a point, like there's no point in being scared of death because it's going to happen to us anyway."

Walker first tried to take his own life on Mar. 20th, the friend said, who helped to have him hospitalized at the psychiatric unit of St. Charles Medical Center-Bend.

He said he warned Walker that killing himself would have lasting implications.

"I actually told him, I was like, 'Dude, this is going to mess a lot of people up," the friend told the TV station.

The traumatic incident is the first of its kind in the area, police Sgt. Chris Carney told Oregon radio station KBND.

"You know, 19 years with the Police Department, I can't think of any event similar to this where somebody's done something in such a public forum," he said. "We still don't know the reason why he chose to do this, why he chose this location or anything and we probably never will."

Counseling has been made available to witnesses or anyone affected by Walker's death.

"Most people never have to see anything like that in their entire lives, and never have before, so it is a life-changing experience," Ealy told KTVZ.

Walker would have turned 20 this week.

Source:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/17/2011-04-17_teenager_stabs_himself_to_death_onstage_at_open_mic_night_in_front_of_shocked_cr.html
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop Empty Re: Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop

Post by Shale Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:52 pm

How sad. blank stare @ you
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop Empty Re: Teenager stabs himself to death onstage at open mic night in front of shocked crowd at coffee shop

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Oh man. That is sad and totally unnecessary. I can understand why no one jumped on stage to stop him after the first thrust. I'd be sitting there with my mouth open too not knowing if it was performance art or not. It's a shame he couldn't be saved from himself.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Wow that really sucks, this kid must have been in some kind of emotional turmoil to do something like that to himself. I feel bad for the family too.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Wow that really sucks, this kid must have been in some kind of emotional turmoil to do something like that to himself. I feel bad for the family too.
    Actually, you never know where a kid's head is at with this.

The closest I ever came to suicide as a young man was not from depression but from curiosity. What is on the other side of life?

I dwelt on that and when I found myself actually thinking of scoring downers (this was during the drug days - I had contacts) it shocked me back into whether I really wanted to go thru with it. (More like scared me back)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Sounds like he was pretty screwed up to me.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Wow.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:45 am

thats crazy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:58 am