CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters

Fireworks

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Fireworks Empty Fireworks

Post by Chris Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:41 am

Are people lighting fireworks in your neighborhood yet? My neighbor has been setting them off for the past hour or so, and I'm afraid they might wake my baby.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Fireworks Empty Re: Fireworks

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:26 am

Somebody must've lifted the ordinance to not only shoot them off, but to sell them in city limits before the 3rd because they've been shooting them off since June 30th, and the in-town stands have been selling since yesterday, neither of which would ever be allowed in previous years, though the people out in the country always got away with shooting off on the second.

On a side note, I was meaning to ask everyone, what is your own experience with fireworks? Did you shoot any off with a kid? Would you trust your own kid with them? You know that standard list of firework rules says that no child should set them off, always an adult should...and needless to say I don't buy that. When we were little we were not trusted with most stuff but we would light the smoke balls and the bees, all the little filler stuff to keep kids busy, but when we got a little older we did light the bigger stuff, the fountains and cones and stuff, but never Roman candles, nobody trusts holding them so on the rare occasions we do get any, we stick them in the ground and then light them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Tonight they will start with the fireworks.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Naw
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Supernova wrote:Somebody must've lifted the ordinance to not only shoot them off, but to sell them in city limits before the 3rd because they've been shooting them off since June 30th, and the in-town stands have been selling since yesterday, neither of which would ever be allowed in previous years, though the people out in the country always got away with shooting off on the second.

On a side note, I was meaning to ask everyone, what is your own experience with fireworks? Did you shoot any off with a kid? Would you trust your own kid with them? You know that standard list of firework rules says that no child should set them off, always an adult should...and needless to say I don't buy that. When we were little we were not trusted with most stuff but we would light the smoke balls and the bees, all the little filler stuff to keep kids busy, but when we got a little older we did light the bigger stuff, the fountains and cones and stuff, but never Roman candles, nobody trusts holding them so on the rare occasions we do get any, we stick them in the ground and then light them.

Last year, I let my son set off a few. He was 12. This year, he has used his own cash from working with his dad to buy some fireworks. I haven't seen them yet, but I suspect he will light them all himself.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 am

Yeah, I heard some on the way home tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:51 pm