CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
CeCe
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Nystyle709
Marc™
10 posters

Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You? Empty Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You?

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 pm

You know the kind...............the kid can't/doesn't eat any sweets.........no fast food.........no TV...........they never talk back - ever. Just perfect little darlings 24/7 while kept in this sort of naive bubble.

THAT sort of thing. Do you know any parents/kids like this?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You? Empty Re: Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Mmmnope.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You? Empty Re: Do "Perfect" Parents with "Perfect" Kids Annoy You?

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Marc™ wrote:You know the kind...............the kid can't/doesn't eat any sweets.........no fast food.........no TV...........they never talk back - ever. Just perfect little darlings 24/7 while kept in this sort of naive bubble.

THAT sort of thing. Do you know any parents/kids like this?

You actually know where to find them? When does Scotty beam them back up to the planet Flaflooga or wherever they come from?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Don't know any and if that's how they want to raise their kid it's none of my business.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:19 am

I don't know anyone like that.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 am

These are the people who write those annoying newsletters.

"I've been promoted to CEO & now I may have to forgo my plans to summer in Paris since the timing conflicts with the corporate conference in Rome. But we all must make sacrifices. Binky & Bitsy have both been accepted to Yale. "Everyone's Just Jealous" was chosen Best in Show at Westminster..."

blah blah blah shut the fuck up
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:13 am

No I don't, do they even exist?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 am

Tony Marino wrote:No I don't, do they even exist?

Oh god yes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I can't stand that brand of fake. But, yeah, I see it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

I doubt many families are like that. But why would they really annoy me unless they are being shovy about it, and in which case they wouldn't be so perfect.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Just hearing about them reminds me of that episode of Growing Pains where Annette Funicello was that mom that unrolled a plastic floor cover with every step she took because they just couldn't have any dirt in the house.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 pm

I think I have a much bigger problem with parents who don't ever make their brats hear the word no
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I can't stand that brand of fake. But, yeah, I see it.

yep... FAKE is the word. My sister's family is like this to the rest of the world, but behind closed doors its a totally different story. Husband is a major control freak, and all they care about is money/power.

When I was a kid i knew a family like this and the kids had to answer the phone, " (last name) residence, (first and last name) speaking." I thought this was crazy at the time.... my mother told me to never tell anyone my name, and never wear a shirt with my name on it either. These people were promoting to possible strangers calling the house was the kids names were. They lived in a huge house, and eventually they lost all of their money and had to move in with relatives in the area. The kids were terrified of the father... did not even want him around. Not the kind of family i want
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:43 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

yep... FAKE is the word. My sister's family is like this to the rest of the world, but behind closed doors its a totally different story. Husband is a major control freak, and all they care about is money/power.

When I was a kid i knew a family like this and the kids had to answer the phone, " (last name) residence, (first and last name) speaking." I thought this was crazy at the time.... my mother told me to never tell anyone my name, and never wear a shirt with my name on it either. These people were promoting to possible strangers calling the house was the kids names were. They lived in a huge house, and eventually they lost all of their money and had to move in with relatives in the area. The kids were terrified of the father... did not even want him around. Not the kind of family i want

We had a neighbor who took it too far in the other direction, her little boy would come out in the yard because nobody ever watched him, and he would watch while we worked in the yard and talk to us, but he would never tell us his name, his brother's name, or anybody's. And he didn't say 'I can't tell you that', he just looked at us and grinned when we asked his name, VERY weird I thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:22 am