CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids... Empty Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids...

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:48 am

So, what are your funny kid stories?

Tonight, I was home, peacefully blissful alone, as my son was at the Y with a friend (our Y has a Jr. High night every Friday) before a sleep over with said friend. Phone rang..and it was the Y...I was afraid of what I would hear.

Turned out, my son got a bloody nose while in a dancing thing at youth night at the Y. His face hit the wall...They had to call since it involved blood. After my speaking to him, and learning it was no big deal per his assessment, I asked to speak to the worker again. I told her that I wanted her to tell me if she felt like it was a big enough issue for me to pick him up and skip the planned sleepover.

She chuckled and said, "No, it is not big thing at all... He just needs to work on his dancing skills."

I don't know if it was relief or seeing the humor in it, but I laughed. A lot.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids... Empty Re: Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids...

Post by femme fatale Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 am

laughing
    Cute story RedBedroom.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids... Empty Re: Parents: sometimes we just have to laugh at our kids...

Post by Chris Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm

When my daughter was about eighteen months old, she was playing near the stairs and the baby gate wasn't fastened. Long story short, she tumbled down the stairs. Wasn't many, only about five or six narrow steps. Her mother and I freaked out as we raced to get her. When we briefly stopped at the top of the stairs, my daughter is looking up at us with an 'embarrassed' look on her face, giggling ever so slightly. She didn't hurt herself, and I think felt a little guilty for playing where she wasn't supposed to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:08 am