CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
tmontyb
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
captainbryce
Shale
Supernova
12 posters

Are you afraid to go to the movies now?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you afraid to go to the movies now? Empty Are you afraid to go to the movies now?

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 pm

In light of what happened in Colorado, are you worried about a copycat striking at one of the theaters you frequent?

I'm not because on any given day you get maybe 10 people in a room at the theater here so it wouldn't even be worth trying to recreate the massacre, but my mother and her friend are both scared to death of the next time I take the neighbor kids to a movie. Though given their choice of films I'd say it'll be a while before we have to worry about that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Are you afraid to go to the movies now? Empty Re: Are you afraid to go to the movies now?

Post by Shale Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:17 am

I went to the movies today, saw The Dark Knight Rises. Did the first matinee at 10:50 a.m. and it was unusually packed.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Are you afraid to go to the movies now? Empty Re: Are you afraid to go to the movies now?

Post by captainbryce Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 am

Afraid? No. I simply have no desire to go at this point. I'm won't exactly be in a "movie" mood for quite some time.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 am

Honestly, if our theaters were always crowded, I would worry some about a copycat. But ours don't. I have no desire to see this movie to begin with.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:43 am

Something else I think should be taken into consideration, this was a midnight showing...could this guy in daylight have gotten into the theater, granted through the fire exit, wearing a gas mask, body armor, and a helmet, WITHOUT drawing attention before he got in? Somehow I doubt it, and since the night showings are more expensive I make it a priority to catch weekend afternoon matinees when possible.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:35 am

are you worried about a copycat striking at one of the theaters you frequent?

No
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 am

Not at all.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:38 am

tmontyb wrote:Not at all.

Are you afraid to go to the movies now? 35166
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

I don't frequent theaters much as it is. And honestly, my overactive writer's brain has pretty much been to the possibility of mass shootings anywhere. If I stayed away from every place I felt dangerous, I probably would not go out. Ever. I suppose I'll be more vigilant if I ever go to the theaters again, but I don't think it'll keep me away much. I hate crowds so I don't see myself liking cramped midnight showings. Ever.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:01 pm

No but then this is Canada and while there have been some shootings lately in Toronto, we do normally have very little gun crime. However we haven't been in a theater in probably 25-30 years. Our worst mass murder was some years ago when 4 mounties were shot and killed trying to arrest some nutcase on a farm somewhere in another province (I don't remember which) and then the school shooting in Montreal in 1989.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Suzi wrote:No but then this is Canada and while there have been some shootings lately in Toronto, we do normally have very little gun crime. However we haven't been in a theater in probably 25-30 years. Our worst mass murder was some years ago when 4 mounties were shot and killed trying to arrest some nutcase on a farm somewhere in another province (I don't remember which) and then the school shooting in Montreal in 1989.

What's creepy in a "Final Destination way is that one of the victims, Jessica Ghawi "had escaped a shooting at a mall in Toronto in June, writing in her blog that an “odd feeling” compelled her to leave the shopping center minutes before a shooting that left two people dead."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/20/aspiring-sportscaster-jessica-ghawi-killed-in-colorado-shooting-narrowly-missed-toronto-eaton-centre-gunfire/
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Alan Smithee wrote: What's creepy in a "Final Destination way ...

What's even creepier is the next sequel will be called Final Destination The Movies.

Oh, too insensitive? We are talking Hollywood here!
    blank stare @ you
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

No

co-signs
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 am

Nope
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm not worried about no copycats. I never planned on seeing this movie. The same night them shootings happened the theater here where I live had power go out during the midnight showing multiple times, so I just think this movie just has bad gugu's surrounding it.

Call me silly if you want to. Shrugs (Oh well…)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:29 am