CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Total Recall

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Total Recall Empty Total Recall

Post by Shale Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Total Recall
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    August 3, 2012

This was my movie to see this weekend and last night I watched the Arnold 1990 version just for comparison. Connie Ogle of The Miami Herald sorta trashed it with one star and the aggregate reviewers on Rottentomatoes agree with only a third of them liking it and only two-thirds of audiences liked it.

The story pretty much follows the same course as the earlier version, except no Mars. This time the conflict in the dystopian future at the end of this century, after a devastating war leaves most of the planet in ruins, is between the United Federation of Britain and The Colony (Australia).

The UFB is overpopulated and its Prime Minister, Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston) wants to get the land down under after getting rid of its population. There are the rebels who want freedom for The Colony and their leader is Matthias Lair (Bill Nighy) who makes terrorist hits in the UFB. (Sometimes it is hard to discern 'dystopian future' from 'dystopian now').

I liked the movie - didn't seem any more flawed or silly than the original. There were a lot of nods to the original - if you're into it you will see them (like the fat lady going thru the checkpoint). Some of the Arnold's corny lines are missing and this version is PG-13, unlike the much bloodier R-rated Paul Verhoeven movie.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7340976#post7340976

Last edited by Shale on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct error)
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Total Recall Empty Re: Total Recall

Post by Tony Marino Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:55 am

Sounds good but I have no real desire to see it. Ill wait for cable.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 pm