CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CeCe
Shale
RedBedroom
7 posters

From the shitty friend files...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

From the shitty friend files... Empty From the shitty friend files...

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:00 pm

I am so angry right now. Our friend was just here for a bit. He left and a few minutes later, he's back at the door. He asks, "Did Jay's truck already have a dent in it?" I said I wasn't sure, not really knowing what he was getting at. He says a dog ran in front of him and he thinks he might have hit the truck (it was parked on the street) and he noticed a small dent in it.

So, I'm thinking just a tiny little ding or something. So I said I would call Jay and have him call. Called Jay then went out to look at it. He took out half of the side of the truck! Well, the "friend" had called Jay himself and pulled the same shit by asking if the truck already had a dent in it. And said he thought that if it was already dented maybe we wouldn't even get it fixed.

That's what has me so pissed right now because while it was probably hard for him to tell us he did it, it's pretty insulting he could even speak words about possibly not reporting this to his insurance. And to tell us both it was just a small dent! Since we have eyes it was pretty stupid to use the word "small." And a dog ran out in front of him? So stupid. Just a lie to diminish the accident.

Accidents happen and it's sucky he can't just be upfront about his fuck up.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

From the shitty friend files... Empty Re: From the shitty friend files...

Post by Shale Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:07 pm

He's still a friend? blank stare @ you

A friend woulda been upfront about it and made an accident report to his insurance or offered to deal with the body work himself to avoid insurance involvement.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Shale wrote:He's still a friend? blank stare @ you

A friend woulda been upfront about it and made an accident report to his insurance or offered to deal with the body work himself to avoid insurance involvement.

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 pm

So what was the outcome is he reporting it to the Insurance company? From what you say it sounds like you have a few thousand dollars worth of damage.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Shale, I have to at least remain cordial with him due to his family in my life. Jay, however, has been really tired of this guy for a long time and I am guessing this is going to seal the deal for the end of their friendship. It was already happening.

Now, with him trying to minimize this and having the nerve to even insinuate we wouldn't need or want to fix a work truck that represents Jay's business, I'm pretty sure he won't be in Jay's life in any capacity anymore.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Tony Marino wrote:So what was the outcome is he reporting it to the Insurance company? From what you say it sounds like you have a few thousand dollars worth of damage.

Tony, I'm not sure. It just happened and he left here and I am thinking he isn't doing anything until Jay sees it and calls him back. He fed Jay the same bull shit about it being just something small. So when they talked, Jay was probably not too worried. But I told Jay, right after they talked, that it was bad. But Jay is on a job site, so he's not going to leave to monkey with this. But I am wondering if a police report is needed. Because if it is, maybe they will have to lie later on what time it actually happened. I hope not.

Jay wouldn't care if the guy wants to just pay for the repair but I know for a fact he won't have the cash to pay it all upfront. Because with that much damage, it has to be at least a couple thousand. And we are friends with an auto body guy so he will be the one to do it, so that could save money if he gives us the usual discount. But he may not because it's not Jay's money being spent.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Well I hope he dosen't stiff you guys that would really suck. You could call insurance later and say it had just happened because from what you described the guy is not going to have the cash to pay. I hope it all works out in your favor Red.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks, Tony. I really don't think he would stiff us, but I guess you never know about people. I just hope it goes through his insurance and that way it won't be a situation where he is making payments to Jay.

I'll be sure to let you know how it all works out tonight.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:48 pm

I hope it works out for you and Jay, Red. I wonder if another of your neighbors was a witness and your "friend" decided he better come back and tell you he thought he might have dinged the truck. If not, at least he didn't just say "fuck it" and drive off.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 am

Al, I wonder that too. Had this been late at night, lessening the change of a witness, I wonder if he would have fessed up.

His truck HAS to have significant damage to it. Jay is getting an estimate tonight. He doesn't think a police report is needed. I think he is wrong. I think moving the truck sans police report is stupid and I have a feeling at the end of all this, the friend's insurance isn't going to cover it.

Jay said if anything happens where it isn't covered or the friend denies doing it, he will just call the police and report it as a hit and run, but tell them we know who did it. I don't know how all that works.

I just have to keep telling myself it is not my truck or my money and I shouldn't be so wound up over this. But I am really bothered by it all.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Friend, shmend…I would have treated him like any callous joker on the road who hit my car because they weren't looking. Insurance information, please. My insurance company will be in touch with yours.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:32 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

I just have to keep telling myself it is not my truck or my money and I shouldn't be so wound up over this. But I am really bothered by it all.

You're probably just frustrated that a friend would try to screw you over. I understand times are hard & people don't have their pockets stuffed with cash. But he knows if he hit the truck. He should have at least offered to try to work something out. ESPECIALLY a friend.

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 am

U can call in a police report now anyway. It will just document the information that you give, as to what time the incident happened, when, where, what the driver said. The police will go and looks at his car and compare his damage/paint to whatever traces were left on your truck. The fact that you both called Jay at the time of the accident can serve as document of the time, and provides the likely hood that this guy hit the car. Your insurance company would be able to subpoena both of your phone records.

I have had TWO different drivers hit my parked car. The first was a hit and run drunk. Someone on the street told me who he was. The police went to his house and found the opposite's paint on each car.He was arrested for drunk driving and a hit and run. That guy's insurance paid directly.

The second guy's insurance refused to pay... he was also arrested on the spot. Pled guilty to wreckless driving and lost his license for a month. My geico paid to replace my car, and then went to arbitration a year later and won the money back from his company. It was then that I got back my deductible. It really depends on the insurance company.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Wants, I hadn't even thought of the phone records being proof. That's good to know.

Well, the damage was estimated at $4000. Jay called him last night and told him. He didn't offer anything, just said they would talk later because he was a sporting event.

I admit to being wrong about something. At first, I didn't think he would ever totally try to screw Jay over. Now, I think with his wife's bug in his ear, he may just try to do nothing thinking Jay will just be ok with driving it as is. Which is so untrue.

So, my prediction, as I am sitting here being very pessimistic about all this, is he will do nothing today and Jay will end up reporting it as a hit and run and tell police he knows who did it.

I sure hope I am wrong. But I did see his wife and she wouldn't talk about it. So, I am thinking she is pushing her husband to try to play this out in hopes we do nothing and just let it slide.

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Red, definetly have Jay fill out an accident report. Sorry, that's a no-brainer.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Hope everything works out sad
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

I understand he may be afraid his insurance rate will go up but that's the point of having insurance, to cover so that you don't have to pay entirely out of pocket which is far worse. Apparently from what I looked up the chances of that are closely related to not only the claim expense but his driving record too. So if it's clean, it might not go up that much. But it also makes me wonder abut something else. Is it possible he doesn't even have insurance?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:53 pm

CeCe, I know he has insurance because they have loans out on both of their vehicles. He totaled a rental car within the last year, and I know insurance covered it. So, what I should say is I assume (instead of know) he has insurance because with a loan out, I'm sure the bank verifies it. But, if he was dropped after the rental car thing, maybe he just has been risking it without it. Gosh, I hadn't even thought of that as a possibility.

Al, I am pretty frustrated at this point he has not gotten a report. He was too busy to mess with it Wednesday, but should have gotten one this morning after he knew the damages were over $1000. He should have told the guy last night on the phone an accident report would happen right away this morning.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 pm

So, it all worked out! Jay got the check today. So glad.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:24 pm

bear hug RIGHT ON!

Soooo, is he that shitty of a friend? Just askin' smug
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Ha, Al. Well, he did the right thing. It still stings like a bitch the way he tried to play it off. But, in the end, it all worked out. I can't write him off because of people we have in common, so I am glad it didn't end badly.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm

RedBedroom wrote:So, it all worked out! Jay got the check today. So glad.

Thank goodness! That has to be a huge relief.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks, CeCe!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:52 pm