CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Suzi
8 posters

We almost took a big hit last night

Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

We almost took a big hit last night Empty We almost took a big hit last night

Post by Suzi Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:03 pm

We live in a senior Mobile home park and love it. Last night we had a hellish thunder storm. The lightning hit the tree between our place and the neighbors. Blew the bird house apart, burned the wire he had holding the birdhouse. There is smoke on one light switch and in the gutter outside his work room. TV doesn't work neither do the phones. Thankfully we didn't have a fire and all our large appliances work! My computer has a problem and may be fried. Fortunately there are others. We didn't have a fire and we are ok I guess I can't complain.

We have to get an electrician in to rewire hubby's work room. The computer wizard will be in tonight and the cable and phone people might get here today. if not Thursday!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

We almost took a big hit last night Empty Re: We almost took a big hit last night

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:54 pm

OH, my word, Suzi! So glad you guys are fine. It could have been a huge devastation so I guess you can deal with what you have to as far as the electronics and wiring. Hope it all goes smoothly. Again, so glad you are fine!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

We almost took a big hit last night Empty Re: We almost took a big hit last night

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 pm

big hugz
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Thank goodness you guys weren't hurt. big hugz
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Wow, that's crazy. Glad everything's okay.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:02 am

Thanks all, we got phone back late this afternoon, and TV too. My computer is probably fried. But we have 2 others. We have an electrician coming to look at the problem in his work room. Gotta do it right for insurance purposes. We re just thankful we had no fire and the stuff that was a problem was all fixable.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 am

I am happy that you are o.k. Suzi, that really is terrible but it sounds like you have things under control now. big hugz
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 am

Suzi wrote:...My computer is probably fried. ...
    My first computer got fried by lightning that came thru the wire. In fact I was there and there was a big blue flash under the table when it happened. Killed that mother ... board.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 am

We had surge protectors on everything, but the strike so close just was pretty darn strong. The only kid that lives in our park is an older teenager, she was sitting doing school work on her laptop when the lightening struck. Her mother said she leaped out of bed ran into the living room and unplugged the kids laptop.When the kid told her it passed between our two mobiles she thought it was teen-aged exaggeration! Nope the kid was right that was exactly what it did. The tree touches both homes.

Th problem with the TV and phones was burned out boxes, everything worked if the boxes did. So the phone box is replaced , the box in the back room for the TV there is fixed. And while the Shaw cable guy got the PVR working again for the main TV he is replacing it today.I gotta spend some time today watching stuff I taped. Cause it is going today sometime.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Scary! Glad you are okay. Stay safe.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm

We are finding today that we were even luckier than we thought. He is taking the paneling off the wall of his work room, and we did have a fire, I don't know why it stopped but it did. The wiring was burned through, and the 2X4's were charred and the insulation he put in the walls was also charred , some burned through. fortunately the electrician isn't going to cost as much as we were afraid he would.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 am