CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard  Empty Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 am

This is almost funny. I take it back. Compared to some other stories about children around here it's down right hilarious.

An Oklahoma toddler who was potty training thought he was doing the right thing when he pulled down his pants in his front yard. But Dillan's well-intentioned act may cost his mom thousands of dollars, after it earned her an expensive public urination ticket from a passing Piedmont police officer.

Despite the objections of Dillan's mother, Ashley Warden, and grandmother Jennifer Warden, who actually owns the house, the officer wrote the family a massive $2,500 ticket, News 9 reports.

"I said really, he is three years old, and he said it doesn't matter. It is public urination. I said we are on our property and he said it's in public view," Jennifer Warden told the station.

The family plans on fighting the ticket, since the police officer stopped Dillan before he could finish peeing. A court appearance is set for December. "For $2,500 we all should be able to pee all over our whole yard," Warden said.

In September, a Philadelphia mom was similarly outraged when her 2-year-old son Nathaniel peed on a traffic light poleand was hit with a $50 ticket.

“It’s not about the $50,” Nathaniel's mom, Caroline Robboy, told NBC10. “I want a place that feels friendly to me where my children feel safe and have positive experiences with police officers.”

Parents quickly rallied to Robboy's defense.

"I wouldn't encourage my son to [pee in public] except in an emergency, but there were plenty of times that we had no other choice than to go in a corner of a parking garage or at a park," CafeMom blogger Julie Ryan Evans wrote. "It happens."

Parents were less supportive, however, of a mother who allowed her two small children to use a portable potty in the middle of a Utah restaurant.

The incident, which was caught on camera, outraged many parents who felt the mother was setting a bad example. "Children are not animals - they are small versions of you!" one commenter wrote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/ashley-warden-oklahoma-mom-receives-public-urination-ticket-after-3-year-old-pees-front-yard_n_2082735.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HP%2FBusiness+(Business+on+The+Huffington+Post)
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard  Empty Re: Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:10 am

This shit is soo ridiculous. How do they make such stupid laws.

I remember my first Ash Wednesday in New Orleans and the smell of urine in the French Quarter. It was just the natural residue of the debauchery that occured on Mardi Gras. So, I can understand the original intent of such laws, but laws that go against nature should be illegal.

I remember a similar case where some toddler pissed on the park lawn. Cop wrote it up as putting 'noxious fluid' on the grass. GAD!! We have removed ourselves so far from nature we don't even know that PLANTS LIKE PISS. Yes, it is nitrogen based fertilizer which agribusiness makes at great expense as ammonium nitrate and which we flush down toilets to become a waste problem.

I'm sure if they don't drop the charges her lawyer will insist on a jury trial.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard  Empty Re: Ashley Warden, Oklahoma Mom, Gets $2,500 Public Urination Ticket After Toddler Pees In Yard

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 am

Terrible! It was their own lawn. Now, the $50 fine for peeing in public,I kind of agree with. Only because what age is the cut off? Five, ten, fifteen? It's still pretty ridiculous law enforcement wouldn't just look the other way when it's a small kid.

As far as the article mentioning a training potty in the middle of a restaurant...that has nothing to do with the other examples in the story, in my opinion.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Sigh..........
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Hey...at least the kid wasn't standing outside of the Alamo when he had to heed the call!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm

It was her property. Shouldn't have gotten a ticket.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:57 pm