CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Suzi
RedBedroom
6 posters

Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back? Empty Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:08 am

I have not had this experience but have been thinking about a couple items I maybe will return. One is a clock my high school friend made in shop class. It's really neat and I think I should have a mutual friend get it back to her since the clock maker and I don't talk anymore.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back? Empty Re: Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back?

Post by Suzi Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:44 pm

There is only one thing ever lost that I really wished I could get back and never will. When my oldest daughter was in high school she asked if she could wear my grandmothers ring.The ring was only valuable to me it was made for my grandmother by an Italian Prisoner of war out of quarter. That was during the 2nd world war. It wasn't all that attractive even but it was very precious to me. In the school gym a friend of hers asked to try it on and the friend dropped it. If my daughter had told me at the time I would have put up a $20.00 reward for it and probably gotten it back. But she didn't tell me until later or so when I asked her for it. So I never got it back, and who ever has it now doesn't know it's history. For some reason when the kids took my stuff with or without permission it never returned.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back? Empty Re: Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Suzi wrote:There is only one thing ever lost that I really wished I could get back and never will. When my oldest daughter was in high school she asked if she could wear my grandmothers ring.The ring was only valuable to me it was made for my grandmother by an Italian Prisoner of war out of quarter. That was during the 2nd world war. It wasn't all that attractive even but it was very precious to me. In the school gym a friend of hers asked to try it on and the friend dropped it. If my daughter had told me at the time I would have put up a $20.00 reward for it and probably gotten it back. But she didn't tell me until later or so when I asked her for it. So I never got it back, and who ever has it now doesn't know it's history. For some reason when the kids took my stuff with or without permission it never returned.

That's a real shame and the odds are you're right about it being gone for good but wouldn't it be cool if you could tell us you got it back on Red's Most Amazing Coincidence topic? If your daughter's H.S. has a message board or something, it wouldn't hurt to post your story. You never know.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:18 pm

i lost my grandmothers wedding ring from my grandfather. I used to wear it on a chain wherever i went. i stupidly wore it to sesame place, took my nephew down a water slide, and he ripped the chain off on our way down. I had them shut the slide down and never found it. sad My father also had Lionel trains, but my mother never took care of them... they would be about 60yrs old now, and worth plenty.

As far as having anything returned, no. BUT-- I have a friend who returned something he found. He goes around with a metal detector, and found a gold bracelet with an inscription and birthdate... with another date. He searched the name online in the town, and found that it was a first communion gift to a man when he was 7yrs old... in the 1950s the boy lost it. The guy was ABSOLUTELY floored to hear someone found it!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

wants2laugh wrote:i lost my grandmothers wedding ring from my grandfather. I used to wear it on a chain wherever i went. i stupidly wore it to sesame place, took my nephew down a water slide, and he ripped the chain off on our way down. I had them shut the slide down and never found it. sad My father also had Lionel trains, but my mother never took care of them... they would be about 60yrs old now, and worth plenty.

As far as having anything returned, no. BUT-- I have a friend who returned something he found. He goes around with a metal detector, and found a gold bracelet with an inscription and birthdate... with another date. He searched the name online in the town, and found that it was a first communion gift to a man when he was 7yrs old... in the 1950s the boy lost it. The guy was ABSOLUTELY floored to hear someone found it!

See, Suzi. Ya never know! Way cool of your friend to do that!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Suzi wrote:...The ring was only valuable to me it was made for my grandmother by an Italian Prisoner of war out of quarter. That was during the 2nd world war. It wasn't all that attractive ....

Did the ring look like this:

Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back? 2012_113

No, I didn't find this, I made it out of a quarter in 1961. I was a crafty young artisan.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

That's a real shame and the odds are you're right about it being gone for good but wouldn't it be cool if you could tell us you got it back on Red's Most Amazing Coincidence topic? If your daughter's H.S. has a message board or something, it wouldn't hurt to post your story. You never know.
    That was over 35 years ago, the ring is truly lost. Dad gummit. There were other pieces of jewelry that went missing as my oldest daughter didn't seem to understand that my stuff wasn't hers when she was younger. However none had the sentimental value as my grandmas ring.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by Suzi Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Shale wrote:

Did the ring look like this:

Has something precious ever been returned to you? How did you get it back? 2012_113

No, I didn't find this, I made it out of a quarter in 1961. I was a crafty young artisan.
    No shale , it was a wider band with some odd uneven ridges on it. And of course much older.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:44 am

Suzi wrote:
    "Dad gummit"

Hey, hey! Please watch your language, consarnit!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Dad gummit? I've heard of dag nabbit... but not dad gummit LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 pm

wants2laugh wrote:Dad gummit? I've heard of dag nabbit... but not dad gummit LOL

Yeah, it's a regional thing I think. Sort of like "pop" vs "soda". Wink
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 pm

My mom made me give a few books to our school book drive when I was in first grade that I really wasn't ready to part with...

...a few days before my last day of 5th grade (the time around here that we switch from elementary to middle school) someone came to my class with the books and asked if I would like to have them back. They still had my name in them! Apparently someone was trying to peddle books out of his/her trunk on school grounds and got busted, and lo and behold, they were the books from the book drive years ago lol.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 am

lol that cool!

I just thought of something I lost that was precious.. and now it seems as though it returned...

My virginity!!!! LOL after a year of no freaking, believe me, i feel very virginal again LOL
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 am

wants2laugh wrote:lol that cool!

I just thought of something I lost that was precious.. and now it seems as though it returned...

My virginity!!!! LOL after a year of no freaking, believe me, i feel very virginal again LOL

Nowadays I feel that way after about 2 weeks blushing
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:26 am

FireIce918 wrote:My mom made me give a few books to our school book drive when I was in first grade that I really wasn't ready to part with...

...a few days before my last day of 5th grade (the time around here that we switch from elementary to middle school) someone came to my class with the books and asked if I would like to have them back. They still had my name in them! Apparently someone was trying to peddle books out of his/her trunk on school grounds and got busted, and lo and behold, they were the books from the book drive years ago lol.

That's so cool!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:37 pm