CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
CatEyes10736
Tony Marino
Shale
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Chris
10 posters

Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents? Empty Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents?

Post by Chris Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 am

When you were a kid, did you ever butt heads with your parents so much that you wound up temporarily moving out (to stay with relatives, friends, etc.?) If so, how long did that last?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents? Empty Re: Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents?

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 am

Nope
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents? Empty Re: Did you ever leave home as a kid after butting heads with your parents?

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 am

Nope, often I wished I'd had a place to go TO.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 am

Nope. I grew up when parents were in control and they would not allow it. You could complain a little under that system, but it was not a democracy it was a dictatorship and if you got too rambunctious they would hit you.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm

LOl my father would have tracked me down and beat the living daylights out of me.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Yes I did. When I was about 17 I stayed with my aunt for about 3 weeks because I wasn't getting along with my mom and dad. At that point my parents were like "if living here and following the rules of the house is going to be too difficult for you, then maybe you are better off living there". Finally we reached a truce (thanks to my aunt) and I came home.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Not when I was a kid. When I was 20...my mother and I had a falling out, but I came back to her house eventually. Lasted about a month.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 am

Yeah, I will have to find and scan the newspaper article that covered it!

Dad finally came to grips I was leaving town and kicked me out a couple days before I turned 18. I had a job lined up in the new town, but had to work a day or two at the place I had been at in high school.

Dad called the cops, which led to the thing in the paper! The cop told me that normally they would have placed me in a foster home for those days, but I had a place to go, so they left it alone.

Bat cat crazy shit.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Naw...
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:35 pm

I remember having friends who went through that but it never happened to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:47 am