CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters

How should parents react to teenage phases?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How should parents react to teenage phases? Empty How should parents react to teenage phases?

Post by Chris Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 am

If your teenager is going through a weird hair or unconventional dress phase, to the point where it annoyed you and made other people in the family talk, would you allow them to continue at it and hope that it plays out in its own time -- or would you intervene and use your parental authority to demand that they stop?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How should parents react to teenage phases? Empty Re: How should parents react to teenage phases?

Post by Supernova Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm

My parents always put their foot down, sometimes even before I could do anything, they're going to outgrow it anyway so as long as it's not something like walking around in a G-string or sporting something with swastikas, I say let them.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

How should parents react to teenage phases? Empty Re: How should parents react to teenage phases?

Post by Shale Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm

I try to be lenient with styles and such of the young.

However, there are limits of my tolerance. Weird hair is one thing, wearing your pants without a belt showing your drawers below your butt is another - only because it looks so stupid and basically hobbles you to walk around with one hand holding up your pants.

Other than that the boy could wear pastel hair, lipstick and eyeliner if he paid for it himself.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm

I didn't have to deal with extreme phases as a parent. It would depend on what they wanted to do. If it was something I could tolerate I would just make sure I took pictures to show my grandchildren.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 pm

knowing me I would probably put my foot down and demand they stop. I would be lenient only to a point.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Depending on what it is: the former. I will put my foot down if he/she is wearing their pants off their ass or swastikas or some shit though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:09 pm