CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions? Empty How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions?

Post by Chris Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 pm

Impact's post about school suspensions prompts me to ask this: how did your parents react to things like that? Like say, you were suspended, or they found out you were sentenced to a detention. How would they generally react to this?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions? Empty Re: How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions?

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm

I was suspended from school once over something really stupid. My father kicked my ass that night.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions? Empty Re: How did your parents react to detentions and suspensions?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Didn't happen often so my mother would just ask me what happened and to stay out of trouble. Even when she had to pick me up from the police precinct, she was cool about. She knew I wasn't a problem child and there was a reason I acted up.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Never did detention or suspension.

Made the honor roll once - wasn't expecting it. One of my dad's co-workers mentioned it to him after reading it in the local paper.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu May 10, 2012 4:12 am

I was punished on top of my detentions.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu May 10, 2012 3:43 pm

They didn't really care about detention or in-school suspensions, but out of school suspensions were an issue. From what I recall, they'd get mad at that but I wasn't severely punished for it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu May 10, 2012 4:14 pm

my mom had 5 kids.. and i was #4... by the time i got to school... she didnt care about school punishments.

i was an honors student and when i did get suspended... she was glad i was ok from the fight. in her head, if none of her kids were in jail or in the hospital... it was a good phone call.

i got into a fight my senior year and when she came to pick me up, she hardly reacted. the disciplinarian asked her how she could be soooo calm-- my mom said, "cause i know the blood on her shirt isnt hers" LOL then took me to the mall

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:20 am