CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Supernova
7 posters

Pregnant 16-year-old sues parents for trying to force abortion

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

News Pregnant 16-year-old sues parents for trying to force abortion

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:59 pm

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/13/16949097-pregnant-texas-teen-files-suit-against-parents-in-abortion-feud#comments

While it's true we don't know the whole circumstances and do not know how this is going to turn out for the girl and her child, I have to say good for her.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: Pregnant 16-year-old sues parents for trying to force abortion

Post by Shale Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Lots of grey areas here. A 16-year-old is still a minor under the care of her parents. They would have to give their permission for her to get any medical treatment EXCEPT abortion in most places.

A minor girl can get an abortion without her parents' permission usually granted by a judge.

However, this ain't the same. Who is going to take care of the baby while the girl finishes HS? Where is she and her baby gonna live.

This happened with a family we knew. They were not prepared to have a baby in their lives with her going to school and both of them going to jobs. The boy's mother offered to take her in. That is when the boy got the money together and took her to an abortion clinic (routine here in Miami).
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 pm

If a minor can get an abortion without her parents knowing, then why should she be able to be forced into it? What happened to her "right to choose"? Oh that's right. That only applies when her choice is to kill her child.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:29 am

the laws are soo damn screwy. In many states, once the child is born, she becomes and emanicipated minor, which is what allows her to apply for all of the welfare programs, gives her pell grants to attend college for free, and eliminated her parent's responsibility for her and the child.

Personally, i find it an incredibly sad situation. both sides will fight over choice vs life... and everyone forgets about the lives--- the baby and the girl.

i have a problem with the state just taking care of these kids financially. Cut the money off, and invest it in foster parent programs. once the kids realize that they are not entitled to have other people support their children... perhaps they will keep their legs shut for a little while longer. I'm soooo damn sick of teens getting pregnant and thinking it is "cute".
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 am

Why should her parents be forced to raise another kid? Because that's basically what would happen. She brings another child into the house and they'd be stuck with the bill.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:28 am

RobbieFTW wrote:Why should her parents be forced to raise another kid? Because that's basically what would happen. She brings another child into the house and they'd be stuck with the bill.

Maybe I missed something but what 'other' children? The girl's mother herself had 4 abortions, I doubt they would have any 'other' children to begin with.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Supernova wrote: Maybe I missed something but what 'other' children? The girl's mother herself had 4 abortions, I doubt they would have any 'other' children to begin with.

Children other than the pregnant girl.

In other words, the parents didn't want to raise their teenage girls child.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 pm

If this goes on for too much longer, the window for an abortion will expire. I don't agree with an abortion being forced on this girl, but as Robbie pointed out, who will most likely be stuck paying for this 16 year old girls baby? Is she working full time? Does she have insurance? Probably not. So after the child is born, it will be either her parents footing the burden, or the state.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm

wants2laugh wrote:perhaps they will keep their legs shut for a little while longer. I'm soooo damn sick of teens getting pregnant and thinking it is "cute".
    No, we can't have that. Our culture doesn't like the idea of being responsible for your own decisions. We're so quick to make it an "abort or the parents will raise the child" scenario. In other words, in both cases, we essentially give the girl an easy way to avoid the living consequences of her choices. And screw the child's life. He's a burden. Kill him. (or her) Our culture has reduced the conversation to such selfish and pro-irresponsible terms that we've lost sight of the real issues, and the actual solutions. And we're content with that. We don't want girls being responsible. We just want them to abort the kids so we don't have another burden in the world. They are still being taught irresponsibility. Only we have a dead person in the mix now. And that's how we like it. Responsible youth is not something our culture cares to cultivate. That would actually require going against the instant gratification of desires that our culture so loves to promote.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:If this goes on for too much longer, the window for an abortion will expire. I don't agree with an abortion being forced on this girl, but as Robbie pointed out, who will most likely be stuck paying for this 16 year old girls baby? Is she working full time? Does she have insurance? Probably not. So after the child is born, it will be either her parents footing the burden, or the state.

She's not even living with her parents, she's been staying with her grandparents, and I doubt if they thought THEY were going to get stuck with it either that they wouldn't be taking the parents' side.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 pm

No 16 yr old female child of mine and living under my roof would be having a baby. Point blank. She's crazy if she thinks her parents should be obligated to support her baby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:36 am